PDA

View Full Version : New member, old question

Fred E
11-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Hi all, I am new here and looking for some good advice. I have been lurking long enough to have a great amount of respect for the knowledge you guys possess so here goes.

We ordered a new car and hope to be driving it next spring. The issue that has me concerned is the color. It is what they call Night Race Blue and the blue is so dark, it is easily mistaken for black unless seen in full sunlight. I have had dark color cars before and know that every micro scratch or swirl mark is very visible.

My question is simply this: Starting with a new car (that is nearly black) what should I use to make it look as good as it can and keep it that way?

There are a dizzying array of products out there. Many are relatively new and I have no experience with them. I have been using Zaino for many years with good result, but are any of the newer products out there that would be better to use?

jamesboyy
11-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Welcome to autogeek, as for your question I would start by not letting the dealer touch it at all meaning you drive home with that white protective plastic, etc then I would go with a paint coating on every surface, and do weekly washes using two bucket method, though if paint coating is not your thing then go with something like the klasse twins, and to maintain a almost flawless finish use a one step product like menzerna po203

FUNX650
11-04-2014, 01:31 AM
:welcome: ... to AGO!

My question is simply this: Starting with a new car (that is nearly black) what should I use to make it look as good as it can and keep it that way?

On our next new vehicle, I'm going to apply the following Coating: CarPro CQuartz UK Edition

Features:
•Protection and gloss comparable to the best professsional Coatings available but easy to use for all detailers
•CQUK has 70% SiO2 with 99.9% purity!!!
•Extremely deep, rich Gloss
•Easy maintenace with "self cleaning" properties (Stays cleaner than waxes, sealants and other coatings)
•Resistance to Wash Induced Marring
•Average thickness of Cquartz UK layer is between 1 µm ~2 µm per layer
•Minor swirl filling abilities
•Repels water, oils, dirt, and contaminants
•Protection from UV rays
•Resists stains, bird droppings, water spots, and traffic film
•Resists extremely high temperatures. Feel free to coat engine components, etc that correspond to the materials shown.
•Ultra hard CQuartz UK contains ceramic nano particles found within glass, the result is a highly reflective, transparent layer.
•Can also be layered: Allow 1 hour minimum wait time after buffing to allow cure before applying another coat.

Surfaces you can protect with CQuartz:
•Paint
•Wheels
•Metals

Specifications:
•Durability: Approximately 2 years or more
•Water contact angle: 110°
•Light swirl filling properties
•Thick layer: 1~2 Micron each

Bob

Fred E
11-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the tip on the dealer - I had not thought of that. I have seen some of the "cleanup" work they do on new vehicles.

Have been very interested in the sealants. After doing some research, I am a little uneasy about the application of the Cquartz since I haven't used a sealant of this type before. Has anyone had experience with this sealant: Detailer’s Paint Coating . It looks like one that is made for easy application but I am wondering about the gloss and durability.