PDA

View Full Version : Best way to detail a Chevy 'White Diamond' truck?

Vgeddie
11-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Hi all,
My first time posting here and I'm looking for advice.. I have a car show coming up soon that I'll be entering. I have a 2013 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab truck with a white diamond paint job.

My current detail routine is-
Wash with BlackFire Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo
Then go back over it with Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax.
I use Mothers Chrome Polish for my wheels, bumpers, etc (all chrome pieces) and Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel.

In between washes I use Meguiars Gold Class Quik Detailer for touch ups.
This gives me a nice reflective pop on my finish and I always get compliments about the shine after I have detailed it. But with the truck being 'white diamond' is there something else I should be using? I've attached a picture of my truck.
Any advice is appreciated,
Thank you,
Veronica

Dogfather
11-03-2014, 01:45 PM
A light polish or good paint cleaner before waxing.

Belair
11-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forum V. What a beautiful color, I haven't seen it before. Well to start, have you clayed the paint? That's usually the first step in cleaning it, then a mild polish since it's new then wax or sealant. You can also try an all-in-one if you don't want to polish then wax separately. Since you're already using Megs you may want to stay with that brand for now instead of mixing & matching. Good luck with the show.

refreshauto
11-03-2014, 01:51 PM
welcome to Autogeek

what are you trying to achieve in the end? do you have a DA to use?

Vgeddie
11-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Thank you all for the quick replies.
No, I havent clayed the paint before. I usually fully detail it once a month, with touch ups in between.

I'm looking to get an awesome reflective shine, I know it's difficult since it is a lighter color tho, and no, I don't have a DA.

Veronica

The Guz
11-03-2014, 02:08 PM
A clay, polish and sealant (synthetic wax) would be my recommendation. You could also pick up Meguiar's White Wax locally and apply that to clean the paint.

Ultimate Quik Wax is nice but it is not as durable as a wax or sealant. It's purpose it a maintenance product.

refreshauto
11-03-2014, 02:31 PM
read through this article and follow these steps

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html