PDA

View Full Version : Sealants for front grill plastic

spewking
11-03-2014, 05:57 AM
What do you guys and gals do to clean and seal front radiator grill plastic?

I have an Infiniti G35 with the plastic silver colored grill fins and I have never done anything more than wash.

What do you use for a deep cleaning? To seal? I am asking if there is a favorite or specific product you use/would recommend.

I use 4*UPP on car so should I use that on these pieces? Would hydro 2 work?

Thanks.

trashmanssd
11-03-2014, 07:12 AM
I love Hydro2 for just that reason easy to apply to the ridiculously hard places on a car. I coat the entire exterior in it then if I want I add Additional wax to the paint. not that expensive either once your learn how to use it a little goes a very long ways.

runrun411
11-03-2014, 07:22 AM
I love Hydro2 for just that reason easy to apply to the ridiculously hard places on a car. I coat the entire exterior in it then if I want I add Additional wax to the paint. not that expensive either once your learn how to use it a little goes a very long ways.

+1

atgonzales
11-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Try Blackfire's trim and sealant very outstanding

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

parttimer
11-03-2014, 08:15 AM
WETS from Wolfgang is another good choice, foam finger pocket applicator to apply.

Belphegor
11-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Opti-Seal works wonderfully! It's WOWA so it's extremely easy to apply; just dampen you applicator and buff until you have an even finish. I think you'll be impressed with this product.

spewking
11-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys. I'll try some of these. Any specific cleaning product or regimen that you use before sealing?

PA DETAILER
11-03-2014, 10:10 AM
WETS from Wolfgang is another good choice, foam finger pocket applicator to apply.
:iagree:

Belphegor
11-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Thanks guys. I'll try some of these. Any specific cleaning product or regimen that you use before sealing?

The amount of built up road grime should determine your wash media. I typically use Optimum car wash, and include the grill mesh when doing wheels and tires. I like a long, soft bristled brush with a handle, well saturated with wash media. To get every little nook I use alternating clockwise and counter clockwise circles left to right, top to bottom. Then agitate laterally left to right, top to bottom. Rinse thoroughly, then with use forced air to dry or a few plush MF towels. Then dress.

Crispy
03-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Clean with whatever and then apply Per manon. You spray on wet surface and wipe off to dry. Makes follow up cleaning so easy. Also great shine.

03-02-2015, 11:37 PM
CarPro Dlux, cleaning is a breeze afterwards...