PDA

View Full Version : Tuf shine compatibility

spewking
11-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Just cleaned and applied wifey's tires using tuf shine cleaner and sealant. Applied DP Wheel sealant after cleaning wheels with Wolfgang uber cleaner.

It was suggested in another thread that hydro2 could be applied to wheels over the DP from time to time to keep them slick.

Question is are hydro 2 and tuf shine sealant compatible? I have not used hydro yet but I understand i would spray it on a wet wheel and then rinse off. Will the hydro 2 -- either overspray or during the rinse -- affect the tuf shine sealant?

Thanks.

swanicyouth
11-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Hydro2 & Permanon are 100% compatible with TS. I use them on my wheels and TIRES all the time with this combo. Makes cleaning effortless, tires stay cleaner, and the spray sealants adds a nice glow to the TS.

spewking
11-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Swanic,

So good to hear that TS and hydro2 get along. I want to keep the rims shiny and easy to clean this winter so I hope the DP and hydro2 get along.

And hydro2 on the tires? Does it provide shine or protection? I have put 2 coats of TS on my michelins...such provides the right amount of dark shine.

Thanks again.