PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to using Hot water extractor?

MADSHINE
11-02-2014, 06:24 PM
I've been detailing for over 3 years now and I only thing I don't have and may sound crazy is a Hot water extractor Is there an alternative or should I just go out and buy one? and also what do you all reccomend?

-MADSHINE

allenk4
11-02-2014, 06:25 PM
The alternative to a real extractor is the Bissell Little Green Machine

toycar18
11-02-2014, 06:41 PM
No.

Hot water extraction is the best method for flushing soil and stains from carpet and upholstery.

VP Mark
11-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Steam. Works faster than extraction and dries much faster.

scrubs147
11-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Steam. Works faster than extraction and dries much faster.
:iagree: Steam, Folex, brush, vacuum.

MADSHINE
11-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the replys I might just have to pull the trigger on this purchase. Theres a Mytee for sale on CL so I might go that route

CarolinasFinestDetailing
11-02-2014, 09:42 PM

Boom.

VISITOR
11-02-2014, 10:18 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3GvQM7rE7U]Bissell Little Green ProHeat - Auto Detailing, Basic Carpet Extraction - YouTube[/video]

jarred767
11-03-2014, 01:18 AM

Yup same here, except I use a combo of Meg's APC and/or Super degreaser and a lot of older MFs to pull dirt out/dry. Extractors are awesome, but I love how much quicker the steam dries.

AutowerxDetailing
11-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Tornador Black.

Fast Eddie
11-03-2014, 03:03 AM
No.

Hot water extraction is the best method for flushing soil and stains from carpet and upholstery.

Yup, if I only had a steamer,I would turn down a large portion of the trashed interiors I get. IMO, an extractor is a must have for any busy "professional" detail shop. No way my steamer can produce the same results my extractor can on trashed carpets and mats.

scrubs147
11-03-2014, 06:41 AM
The Mytee II I purchased in 2009 never impressed me, just seemed to take up more space. I have a dry/vac that has more suction than it did, and with the right attachment, it does a better job than then the Mytee II.

With that being said, I have no experience with any other extractor, but would love to try The Aztec Hot Rod Hot Water Extractor some day. It has about the same water lift that my dry/vac has.

parttimer
11-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I did two interiors over the weekend. I have a BIG GREEN machine, McCulloch steamer, tornador black, scrubbers for a DA and shop vac. Used all of them on different aspects of the interior. I used steam on the headliner of one vehicles after spritzing with odo ban, was a smokers car. Used steam on the vents to clean them. Used the tornador on some tricky salt stains around the edges of the floor mat area.
Used the extractor on floor mats and spritzed carpet with shampoo and odo ban and scrubbed with DA, vac'ed out with shop vac. All tools have a good purpose. I can't get the best results with the Big Green machine, I am just not that comfortable with it.

TurboToys
11-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Bissell Little Green ProHeat - Auto Detailing, Basic Carpet Extraction - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3GvQM7rE7U)

so many better ways to get rid of big stains like that without an extractor... that guy deliberately spread it around and smeared it... looked like a bad political advertisement lol