PDA

View Full Version : Can i use Swiffer Duster?

kaboose786
11-01-2014, 02:05 AM
Hey everyone i havent driven my car since i waxed it last week and its been parked in garage for about a week now. It has some dust on it so can i use this swiffer duster to dust off my car? Or would it marr/scratch the paint?
https://littlewillowtree.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/swiffer-duster.jpg

VISITOR
11-01-2014, 02:08 AM
no. i generally do not like to touch the car until the next wash, but you can always do a rinseless or waterless wash...

The Guz
11-01-2014, 02:39 AM
I wouldn't use it on paint. Stick with a waterless, rinseless and maybe a QD if it is very light dust.

I only use a swiffer on the inside to remove dust.

GS2011
11-01-2014, 07:53 AM
I wouldn't use it on paint. Stick with a waterless, rinseless and maybe a QD if it is very light dust.

I only use a swiffer on the inside to remove dust.

:iagree:

SameGuy
11-01-2014, 09:13 AM
We've had bad spider infestations since the Quebec pesticides ban went into effect several years ago (no domestic lawn and garden pesticides = more insects, more insects = more spiders to prey on them). At work, with all the huge floodlights on all night, the spider situation is downright disgusting.

While I'm not "terrified" of spiders, they do ook me out, big time. And just like they get everywhere else, they set up shop in our cars. I keep Swiffer dusters in our cars and give a quick swipe every day just to keep the spiders at bay.

All that said, Swiffer dusters are meant for house dust. I would never use it on car paint to remove dirt and road dust.

dpk20x
11-01-2014, 09:19 AM
I actually use one of those on my Harley, which had super soft vivid black paint. Haven't had any issues with it marring the paint. But I only use it on dust that accumulates from sitting in the garage.

jsgntulok
11-01-2014, 09:24 AM
I keep a Swiffer in the car to wipe down interior panels. Never ever thought of using on the exterior and never plan to do that.

jamesboyy
11-01-2014, 10:56 AM
I agree's with The Guz, and VISITOR leave the duster to wiping interior down or home