PDA

View Full Version : Carpro PERL or Meguiars #40

flugufrelsarinn
10-31-2014, 04:22 PM
I am looking to buy some dressing that can be used inside and out of my car.

I have heard good things about both of these products.

What are some of the opinions resident experts here?

allenk4
10-31-2014, 06:28 PM
A dressing that is great for the inside is only marginal for exterior finishes, in my opinion

This is one area where specialized products should be considered

For exterior plastics, CarPro DLUX is fantastic!

Use the time normally dedicated to applying exterior trim.dressings to perfect a different area of your car...wheel wells, door jambs, etc.

toycar18
10-31-2014, 06:50 PM
I like perl. Super easy and fast to spray and wipe on both interior and exterior.

Also shine isn't too glossy for tires which I like.

jamesboyy
10-31-2014, 07:12 PM
Another vote for carpro pearl one of my favorite dressing, and is almost like a semi coating which last up to a month or so depending upon the different variables

FUNX650
10-31-2014, 07:26 PM
IMO: Instead of CarPro Perl vs. Meguiar's M40...
It should be either Meguiar's D171 Water Based Dressing; or, their D170 Hyperdressing...that would be more in line with CarPro's Perl...for comparison sake of dilutable interior/exterior combination-type dressings.

Using that scenario:
I'll choose Meguiar's D170.

Otherwise:
It's M40.

Bob

MPBGT
10-31-2014, 08:09 PM
I would go with Meg's, I picked up some perl after all the reviews on here and was unimpressed. I've never been disappointed with Meg's.

VISITOR
10-31-2014, 08:13 PM
i have PERL diluted 3:1 in a spray bottle and use it for both the tires and wheel wells and have no complaints (could dilute it less if i wanted to). if it gets me to the next wash that's fine because i like to re-dress both the tires and wells anyway and it certainly does (all water based dressings will diminish over time). i like this better than any of the megs tire/trim dressings...

eaglefan
10-31-2014, 09:52 PM
PERL. 1:1 for me is the perfect look on tires. Have not used it on interiors.

Audios S6
10-31-2014, 10:05 PM
I dilute PERL 5:1 for tires and interior and it does everything I want it to do. DLUX is great for your own car but not economical for customer use unless you up charge accordingly.