PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Seal lid is one tough cookie

BlueBeast14GT
10-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Last night I found myself in a frustrating situation when I flew my new quadcopter into a tree. It was about 30 feet up and I had no way of getting it down, so I grabbed the first thing I found and threw it at it. That thing happened to be a gamma seal lid. I'm not what you would call athletically talented, plus that copter was really stuck up there, so I probably threw the thing at least 50 times. I didn't hit the quadcopter every time, but I sure as hell hit the tree. When the little thing finally came down, I took the lid, screwed it back onto the bucket, and it was like it had never left.

For comparison, about midway through this exercise in embarrassment, the gamma seal lid got stuck right next to the quadcopter, and I knocked it down with a standard 5 gallon lid; not the super cheap kind, but the tougher one that has that strip you have to tear off. It lasted 2 throws before there was a crack down the center. 2 more throws and pieces were flying off.

frankprozzoly
10-31-2014, 03:08 PM
I just recently discovered the gamma seal lid. It is pretty nice. Another obvious invention I missed

jamesboyy
10-31-2014, 07:50 PM
Gamma lid is one tough cookie/ put it's competitors lids to shame, however I am happy to hear you gotten your gadget out of the tree with the gamma lid

FUNX650
10-31-2014, 08:24 PM
Aren't Drones (equipped with GoPros) one of the best inventions...ever?!?!

Bob

BlueBeast14GT
11-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Aren't Drones (equipped with GoPros) one of the best inventions...ever?!?!

Bob

I wish! This is a new hobby for me, so I just got my first one with a camera, the Hubsan X4 H107C (http://www.amazon.com/Hubsan-H107C-2-4G-Quadcopter-Camera/dp/B00EXBDYPK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8). Eventually I want to get one of the really cool fpv ones, when I learn not to get them stuck in trees. :xyxthumbs: