PDA

View Full Version : Sealant Recommendation - No garage, south FL

Pages : [1] 2 3

eyost
10-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Hi all,

My brother just got a brand new Honda CRV and I am looking for paint sealant recommendations. He lives in south Florida and has no garage so the car is exposed to sun, trees, etc.

Paint is in excellent condition, no swirls, etc. Thought is to wash, clay, maybe a paint cleanser to get whatever the dealer put on it off and then the sealant. He doesn't have a DA but I could send him mine if you all think it is needed or would hand applying a
paint cleanser like Pinnacle Paint Cleanser would be o.k.

Any recommendations or suggestions for his environment?

Thanks,

Ed

The Guz
10-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Detailers Pro Poli-Coat Sealant
Meguair's M21 or Ultimate wax

These are some that work well. Most sealants are good.

Dereksdtail
10-30-2014, 10:14 PM
CG jet seal is good, the shine and slickness is legit

Goin Rogue
10-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

KMdef9
10-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Sonax Polymer Net Shield works great. Can work in small section and no long cure time.

GettingStarted
10-30-2014, 10:27 PM
For me personally it would be BlackFire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is a must. Really user friendly and is pretty darn durable.

Roikins
10-31-2014, 03:28 PM
For me personally it would be BlackFire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is a must. Really user friendly and is pretty darn durable.

I live in same environment,and also got brand new car, after completing all the necessary steps I am going to use Pinnacle black label coating. Does the sealant is better than coating , or coating protect more than sealant? Also I have the same brand coating detailer, when do I need to use that one? After the coating ,? Or once in a while to keep my coating shiny ?
Thanks

Sent from my [emoji336][emoji642][emoji809]using Tapatalk

DaveT435
10-31-2014, 03:32 PM
If you want a sealant I would go with Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Great stuff, shine, slickness, durability, and it sheets and beads water incredibly

Guessless
10-31-2014, 05:12 PM
OP, I understand your point as far as no Garage for storage of the vehicle but I hope he uses a friend's for applying the sealant. During the application and curing times the sealant shouldn't be exposed to the elements ie. water or dust.
In my case as soon as I wash and dry my car and sit down to take a break, then a layer of dust sits on the car so I'd defo recommend an enclosed space for the application and curing.

Bunky
10-31-2014, 05:18 PM
I will recommend Menzerna Power Lock. It is easy to apply, better for less than perfect paint, and with good durability.

FUNX650
10-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Since you mentioned claying...

I always, at the very least, lightly polish afterwards.
{Per: Swirl Finder Light results}

So...
To make it easier in choosing one product that will seal,
while also "cleaning-up" any possible clay marring:
-Meguiar's M20 Polymer Sealant

Also:
Even though it's new, (and though it's possible the Dealership performed one), I'd think about adding a decontamination process with an IronX-type of product.

Bob

Roikins
10-31-2014, 06:42 PM
If you want a sealant I would go with Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Great stuff, shine, slickness, durability, and it sheets and beads water incredibly

Sorry to bother, just wanted to ask what is more protecting the paint sealant or coating?
Thanks.

DaveT435
10-31-2014, 07:00 PM
Sorry to bother, just wanted to ask what is more protecting the paint sealant or coating?
Thanks.

A coating gives you more durability and in most cases more scratch resistance.

mrclean
10-31-2014, 07:04 PM
im in south florida. just in case he wants his crv coated.

Roikins
10-31-2014, 07:10 PM
A coating gives you more durability and in most cases more scratch resistance.

Thank you very much for clearing that out, that means I got the right stuff :)