PDA

View Full Version : Shaded area options for car detailing

queens guy
10-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Just want to get some of yalls opinion on what I should do.. I have been working on my car at my moms driveway but the sun is always hitting the car unless it gets dark. Not great conditions to detail a black car!!! I don't have any other options and was looking for options?

I thought about getting a canopy to cover the car while I detail it but not sure I will have the space as the driveway is very tight.

mwoolfso
10-30-2014, 10:25 AM
You can work in the sun but as you know it is not ideal. I use my house sometimes as a shield from the sun by strategically moving my car out of direct sunlight. Again, not ideal in many situations but I get by. A canopy is a good idea; maybe even building a permanent overhang off the house (carport of sorts).

jamesboyy
10-30-2014, 12:01 PM
Another vote for a canopy/pop up tent, and depending on what you wanna detail you could always wait till the sun is not directly overhead(starting around 3-5 but ideally 4-30ish onward)lastly if you have a garage you can always help clean it out, and use that.

SameGuy
10-30-2014, 12:11 PM
A one-person pop-up shelter has long been on my wish list, but the cheaper options don't really appeal to me for a variety of reasons. I'm saving my pennies and waiting to get a bigger client list before I pop $500 for a commercial 10x15-20' canopy.

SameGuy
10-30-2014, 12:19 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/53587-good-canopy-sunshine-detailing.html

queens guy
10-30-2014, 01:50 PM
space is very limited and my garage is too tight to even get into. I like the king canopy.