PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys After Wash

Pages : [1] 2

SYMAWD
10-30-2014, 07:20 AM
Seem interesting. It kills the beading to make water sheet off of the surface to aid in drying. I wonder if that property sticks around or not. Although I could just sheet water off of the surface with a hose.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUx2AUnMkOo]Reduce Scratches and Enhance Shine: The Best Way To Dry Your Car - After Wash - YouTube[/video]

Setec Astronomy
10-30-2014, 07:32 AM
Um...wouldn't a QD do the same thing? Besides that, 10 years ago I used to use EO WAUD which certainly did the same thing.

actuator_mz3
10-30-2014, 07:37 AM
I agree with you, it looks interesting, but I can achieve the same effect with my hose.

silverfox
10-30-2014, 07:42 AM
A Poorboy's Spray and Wipe wannabe...

Moldavite
10-30-2014, 07:58 AM
i believe most had used rinseless/waterless wash for drying aid too
especially those contains wax

runrun411
10-30-2014, 08:14 AM
I really like some CG products. However some of their products seem to be more fluff than fact. IMO their wash soaps are really good and so is the V series line. Some others leave something to be desired. Also CG's marketing approaches can be a little suspect at times. Just my .02

Circa40
10-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Looks interesting. I would try it, on someone else's dime :D
Ive been using Autoglym's Rinse and it does the same at a lot less cost.

VISITOR
10-30-2014, 02:13 PM
meh. using the metro blaster or leaf blower and following it up with fk425, OID, or any other QD/Spray wax works well enough for me...

Njohc
10-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Larry Kosilla over at Ammo NYC has had this for years at this point. It's something Ill never go without now that Ive been using it for a year. It's nice when you don't want to drag out the electrical chords and get your neighbors angry by making noise.

RTexasF
10-30-2014, 06:13 PM
AQUAWAX reinvented? I think not. No breakthrough here.

Loach
10-30-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm a big fan of using spray waxes to aid in drying, the water in my area tends to run hard so anything to keep streaks from drying is beneficial to me. I use turtle wax's quick and easy spray wax to aid in drying because it's economical for me (26oz for $3), and then meguiar's ultimate quik wax goes on after the car is fully dry. Spray waxes don't bond to water, spraying any of them on to individual water beads will reduce the surface tension causing the beads to go flat across the panel. When you consider the price of this product from CG for 16oz, they aren't giving me much of an incentive to even try it out, IMO.

JHL88
10-30-2014, 07:08 PM
I really like some CG products. However some of their products seem to be more fluff than fact. IMO their wash soaps are really good and so is the V series line. Some others leave something to be desired. Also CG's marketing approaches can be a little suspect at times. Just my .02

You hit it right on the head...

silly Chemical Guys..

swanicyouth
10-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Am I the only one who has no problems drying a car? I mean, if the car is waxed - the sides pretty much dry themselves. So you just have some flat panels to wipe. Use a good towel & a QD if you like and be done with it. If you want to get all the water out of all the cracks - use a Metro. If you can afford it - use DI water.

I'm not convinced this product is any different or better than any other QD.

Kinda like dermatology...If it's wet make it dry - if it's dry make it wet.

SYMAWD
10-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Am I the only one who has no problems drying a car? I mean, if the car is waxed - the sides pretty much dry themselves. So you just have some flat panels to wipe. Use a good towel & a QD if you like and be done with it. If you want to get all the water out of all the cracks - use a Metro. If you can afford it - use DI water.

I'm not convinced this product is any different or better than any other QD.

Correct. Taking the nozzle off of my hose accomplishes the same as this product.

KMdef9
10-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Still not clear what it is? A QD or spray wax?

LOL what if it actually doesn't kill beading? Would V7 users switch?

I will always use a drying aid, as sheeting and blowing doesn't get all of the water, especially on hot days, but that price is too high to even try. I always LOL, at their 'sale' prices, 25 for that?! I'd stick to AMMO Hydrate at that price.