PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day!

Z4LEW
10-29-2014, 07:53 AM
I want to wax my truck with some Collinite 476 for winter and want to use my PC to apply it. Here is the dilemma - how can I either a) apply wax to the buffing pad with the wax in the can? Or b) get the wax out of the can without destroying it to apply it on the pad? The can has an inner lip the prevents the wax from coming out. I thought about cutting the can open with snips and then store the remaining wax in a ziplock. Or running a knife arournd the edge of the wax to allow it to slip out. Anybody have some good ideas or insight? Not the end of the world but just wondering what other people do. Any replies are always appreciated!

RobRabbit2.5
10-29-2014, 08:00 AM
You can remove the wax from the can using the method that you described and then add it to the pad with the "cake"out of the tin.

Here's what I do: I open the 476 wax paste container and take a plastic scraper and slowly shave the very top of the wax keeping the volume in the can uniform. You scrape it at around a 45 degree angle allowing the wax to build up on the plastic scraper. Then all you do is use it as an applicator spreading the wax in a thin layer over the surface of your finishing pad at the same 45 degree angle you used to remove it from it's container. This will allow you to have direct control over how much wax you add to your pad as well as total pad surface coverage.

Flexible plastic is the key, or flex plastic putty knife.

Setec Astronomy
10-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Popsicle stick, butter knife, putty knife, etc.