PDA

View Full Version : I find this odd...

arisking
10-28-2014, 02:17 PM
So I am currently in the middle of cutting a 2008 Jetta. Love that hard clear...ha.

I am using Meguiar's M101 and some B&S pads.

Does it make sense that I get more correction with an orange B&S pad vs. the tougher yellow one??? Haha. According to their charts the yellow one cuts better.

Either way I'll stick with what's best in the end. Same 7 passes and same amount of pressure throughout w/both.

Thanks!!!

jamesboyy
10-28-2014, 04:04 PM
it depends have you used your yellow pad more than your orange pad, if so then the orange pad is more sharper in a sense, however it could also be that the product responds better to certain colors/brand's of pads

Setec Astronomy
10-28-2014, 08:51 PM
it depends have you used your yellow pad more than your orange pad, if so then the orange pad is more sharper in a sense, however it could also be that the product responds better to certain colors/brand's of pads

Yeah, that was the premise with those one-use pads that Lake Country was selling, that pads never cut like when they are new. Not too many people seemed to buy that.

chet31
10-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Does not surprise me, I never really liked the yellow pads, liked the orange ones better, especially when using a PC (yellow pads bogged down).