PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq Exo V2 over C1?

8o8is
10-27-2014, 12:30 AM
Hi guys, I've searched but didn't get my answer. I just applied C1 on my car and now waiting for it to cure. My area gets very dusty. What can I use to clean the dust off as to not damage the C1 before applying Exo V2? Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards,
Edwin

Swift
10-27-2014, 02:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2vOsu-RtUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXn3fJDDHOs

Um... panel wipe wont be enough here. :(

Evan.J
10-27-2014, 06:40 AM
I have applied the C1 + EXO combo many times so I will give you a break down of Ho I have been applying it.

Before you begin you should properly wipe down the entire car using Panel wipe to ensure the surface is entirely clean and ready for the application of C1. When applying C1 just remember that you can still scratch the paint if you are not careful.

I like to use C1 in very small sections as it makes working with C1 much easier. For instance I will take a door and break that down into 4-6 sections to work on. Larger panels can be 8-10 sections.

You will want to lay down the C1 in your small section and get ready to remove the coating with the 3 Towel Method. With this method you will take Towel 1 and help spread the coating around in the area to make it level. Then take Towel 2 and you will begin to remove the coating. Finally, take Towel 3 and buff off any excess coating that is left.

That process is the best that I have found when working with C1.

You should allow C1 to cure for 12 hours prior to moving onto EXO. If your climate is colder then allow 14-16 hours to cure.

Once you have reached your cure time you will want to you panel wipe to prep the C1 to receive EXO. Applying EXO will be very similar to the C1 application with just a few variations.

You will want to work in the same small section as applying C1 but with EXO you want to apply it then remove it. This part of the application will move a lot faster than C1. You can just use 2 towels for this part.

Once you have gone around the car with the EXO application you can begin start adding the second coat of EXO. Cure times between layers of EXO are one hour.

It is very important that you take your time with the combo because if you rush you will be left with high spots and streaking that will result in a need for a re-polish to remove those items.

8o8is
10-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys for the help. @Evan J., I applied Exo V2 with your method. You weren't kidding when you said you needed to move fast. I didn't move fast enough and it streaked. I had to repolish that section. But the rest went smoothly. Thanks again for the tips. Now on to the wife's car.

SameGuy
10-27-2014, 11:45 PM
Um... panel wipe wont be enough here. :(
Say what?

Swift
10-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Say what?

Is it possible to clean dust covered car with panel wipe?? I think panel wipe is for microscopic contaminates, but I might be wrong. Enlighten me?