PDA

View Full Version : Rupes 4" pads

hawkigrad
10-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Has anyone had issues with these pads failing quickly? I used a blue cutting pad with the Rupes mini last night and the pad started to separate from the backing after no more than five minutes. I grabbed another pad and used very little pressure to see if that was the issue and in about the same time it also started to flare out due to coming off from the backing. I've had good luck with the microfiber pad but would like to cut using a foam pad as well for hard to reach areas. Any other pads that might work with this buffer that you use?

Evan.J
10-26-2014, 07:49 PM
No issues here and I use them quite a bit.

99C5Coupe
10-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Same problem I had with yellow pads, I am thinking I primed the pad with too much polish.

custmsprty
10-26-2014, 08:47 PM
What speed were you running on?

99C5Coupe
10-26-2014, 08:55 PM
4 1/2 to 5

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
10-27-2014, 05:33 PM
I've never had any issues. Contact Rupes, they will probably replace it.

hawkigrad
10-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Rupes is a manufacturer in Germany that sells products through distributors and retailers such as AG. They would support the products as such. I am not interested in getting replacements but to determine if method was the cause or if it's a product issue which I'm fairly certain it's the latter. I am going to give the Lake Country pads a try as those are what I use with my Flex.

custmsprty
10-28-2014, 01:08 PM
My guess is you're running too fast for the smaller pad and generating too much heat, breaking down the glue bond between the pad and the Velcro. I had this issue with my PC when I first started running 3" pads, I blew a couple out in minutes. Slowed it down to 3 and never had the issue again. I've employed that tactic with my new Rupes 3" polisher, run Rupes and LC pads, haven't had one issue.

Rsurfer
10-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Rupes is a manufacturer in Germany that sells products through distributors and retailers such as AG. They would support the products as such. I am not interested in getting replacements but to determine if method was the cause or if it's a product issue which I'm fairly certain it's the latter. I am going to give the Lake Country pads a try as those are what I use with my Flex.

Lake Country doesn't make a 4" HD pad, or do they?