PDA

View Full Version : Mothers FX vers Meguires Ultimate Quick Wax

lineman
10-26-2014, 09:01 AM
I have been away from Mothers products for a while and was wondering how Mothers FX spray wax compares to Meguires Ultimate Quick Wax. Both state they have hydrophobic formulas in them. I am looking for comparison in durability and ease of use. UQW is a breeze to use and if I remember FX is also?

Setec Astronomy
10-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Shoot, I was just using UQW (well, D156) yesterday, and I can't imagine anything being easier to use than that. Quit while you're ahead before your shelves look like mine.

silverfox
10-26-2014, 09:15 AM
UQW/D156....nuff said. Look no further.

Don M
10-26-2014, 10:12 AM
I've never been a proponent of spray waxes, but UQW definitely changed my mind

lineman
10-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys. I'll stick with UQW. It does a great job, easy to use...no reason to change. I was just wondering?

dcjredline
10-26-2014, 10:58 AM
If I was a betting man, I would guess that the Mothers is a great product also. But like the others I LOVE D156 and just dont have the shelf space nor money for another product.

Pats300zx
10-26-2014, 11:30 AM
So glad I bought a gallon of this stuff...one of the best spray waxes I have ever used !!!

dmayer
10-26-2014, 11:49 AM
I find I have less streaking with the Mothers FX spray wax over Meguiars, but I think Mothers is more of a 'sealant look' and very glass-like, which I like at times. For spray wax, at least out of the spray waxes I've tried, I would take Aquawax by far. I certainly haven't tried them all but I've tried several.

dcjredline
10-26-2014, 12:53 PM
I find I have less streaking with the Mothers FX spray wax over Meguiars, but I think Mothers is more of a 'sealant look' and very glass-like, which I like at times. For spray wax, at least out of the spray waxes I've tried, I would take Aquawax by far. I certainly haven't tried them all but I've tried several.

AW is also technically a sealant. FYI:xyxthumbs:

VISITOR
10-26-2014, 01:52 PM
i have and use both currently. UQW lasts a little longer and gives more of a deeper (carnauba) look, the FX more brighter and slightly easier to use. both are good products...

Setec Astronomy
10-26-2014, 02:55 PM
So after using D156 yesterday, I'm looking at my hood today and I see some splotchy area that looked like some combination of overspray from yesterday (was spraying on the hood instead of the towel) and perhaps some spotting from a passing sprinkle overnight.

I decided it needed a little hair of the dog so I used some more D156 and got that Meg's wax uneven darkening effect...so maybe this stuff isn't quite as easy as I thought it was (was only my second or so try).

dmayer
10-26-2014, 07:06 PM
AW is also technically a sealant. FYI:xyxthumbs:

I didn't know that - no big deal. I think there is a very fine line between a wax and a sealant, especially when it comes to sprays.

I just used the Aquawax again this afternoon (it makes me smile - guess I'm a geek) and I really believe that if any of you have not tried Aquawax, you really need to. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised!

I have not been compensated for this Aquawax testimonial - I just love it! The stuff's great!

The Guz
10-26-2014, 07:56 PM
I do know that Mothers Reflections spray wax is Mothers most durable spray wax. It does spray on thicker in comparison to D156.