PDA

View Full Version : Question on CG Glossworkz shampoo

lineman
10-25-2014, 07:38 PM
I have a bottle of CG Glossworkz Gloss Booster and Paintwork Cleanser. It is marketed as a shampoo. I used it at the dilution rate of 1 oz to 4-5 gallons as directer in the bottle. I detailed my car last week and because of the rains since then it needed to be washed. I had two coats or sealer and two coats of spray wax and the paint was very slick! However after washing the car ,the surface while clean is not slick anymore. I, as many others have found the dilution rates listed on the CG web site for some of their shampoos to be much different that those on the bottle, so much so you can unknowingly strip the wax. Went to CG web site to research but this product can't be found. Anyone have experience with this shampoo and did I use the correct dilution rate. Not a happy camper!! I'll apply some wax tomorrow and believe this will be my last CG shampoo! P.S. The label says " Safe for use on freshly waxed paint"

jamesboyy
10-25-2014, 11:26 PM
What did you use to measure out the shampoo, I usually will use the cap on the bottle/fill it but leave a little space, but also do note to shake your product before use, and that some LSP's are more sensitive than others

fly07sti
10-26-2014, 12:30 AM
I have used it numerous times and I actually feel it's quite gentile in it's cleaning ability.

VISITOR
10-26-2014, 03:55 AM
I have a bottle of CG Glossworkz Gloss Booster and Paintwork Cleanser. It is marketed as a shampoo. I used it at the dilution rate of 1 oz to 4-5 gallons as directer in the bottle. I detailed my car last week and because of the rains since then it needed to be washed. I had two coats or sealer and two coats of spray wax and the paint was very slick! However after washing the car ,the surface while clean is not slick anymore. I, as many others have found the dilution rates listed on the CG web site for some of their shampoos to be much different that those on the bottle, so much so you can unknowingly strip the wax. Went to CG web site to research but this product can't be found. Anyone have experience with this shampoo and did I use the correct dilution rate. Not a happy camper!! I'll apply some wax tomorrow and believe this will be my last CG shampoo! P.S. The label says " Safe for use on freshly waxed paint"

i've also noticed this as well. i still have about a little less than half of a 16oz. bottle sitting in the garage. not a fan of this stuff and definitely would not buy it again, especially considering it's the most expensive car wash CG's offers. there are plenty of other car washes available that are so much better and cheaper to boot...

lineman
10-26-2014, 10:52 AM
What did you use to measure out the shampoo, I usually will use the cap on the bottle/fill it but leave a little space, but also do note to shake your product before use, and that some LSP's are more sensitive than others
I shook the bottle before use and used a measuring glass to use exactly 1 oz. IF...IF...I try this shampoo again I will try it at a little less that an ounce per 5 gal.

jamesboyy
10-26-2014, 11:43 AM
I shook the bottle before use and used a measuring glass to use exactly 1 oz. IF...IF...I try this shampoo again I will try it at a little less that an ounce per 5 gal.

I see, though believe it or not the measurements on measuring devices don't always be synchronized with one or another some may be more, while some are less....and good luck

rwright
10-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Glossworkz shampoo for me has been reduced to wheel cleaning. I didn't feel it was LSP friendly either and the last thing you want is to strip wax after spending a couple hours laying it down. Maxi-Suds & Mr. Pink are slightly easier on LSP's.

swanicyouth
10-26-2014, 12:37 PM
My take on this is GW, CW & G, and V7 likely all contain the same / similar glossing agent(s) - because they all kill beading.

However, this is temporary. I haven't seen any evidence any of them strip yr LSP.

rwright
10-26-2014, 12:50 PM
My take on this is GW, CW & G, and V7 likely all contain the same / similar glossing agent(s) - because they all kill beading.

However, this is temporary. I haven't seen any evidence any of them strip yr LSP.

For me, squeaky and bare feeling paint was an indicator of wax being removed. I used it after CG 50/50, Pinnacle SSII, and Wolfgang Fuzion. I honestly have not tried it over something like Duragloss 105 or 501.

lineman
10-26-2014, 06:42 PM
I noticed that as well and at one time there was quite a discussion on this forum as to V-7 eliminating beading when applied several times over your LSP. For some reason the subject was dropped with out any definitive conclusion. So...I just went by my results and quit using V-7. I wanted to like it (have a gallon) but didn't like the effect on my other LSP/

rjd598
10-26-2014, 07:30 PM
I used glossworkz a lot and never noticed beading degrade and I only had wax on at the time. I used one ounce to 4-5 gallons. Great shampoo but like others said there are plenty out there that clean better for a much better price