PDA

View Full Version : APC vs soap or detergent?

LSpec
10-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I was wondering what is the difference between soap, lets say the one you can use to wash your clothes or for dishes.

for example if you want to clean your wheels why you dont use detergent or soap, some are cheaper than APC.

what is so special about APC?

I use APC lemon, from simple green, and it is good but I dont feel anything better.

I am having a hard time trying to remove the dirt from badge in my cars, and I thought APC was the solution but it isnt.

jamesboyy
10-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Not much is special about APC(all purpose cleaner) nothing but it supposedly cut/make cleaning time easier with it's "burning the grime off" properties, however yes some will use dish soap to clean their wheels but do note it may dull, and or cause clear coat failure on your wheels from its harsh chemicals/drain the natural oils from the wheel paint but to make your cleaning process more of a breeze it's best if you unmount the wheels, and clean the barrel/face to the best of your ability using a wheel cleaner, iron-x/tar-x, and clay bar to remove much contamination you can even try polishing then once done seal them up with a sealant on hand then your weekly wash will most likely will consist of a cheap car wash soap, brushes and a spray wax

LSpec
10-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Not much is special about APC(all purpose cleaner) nothing but it supposedly cut/make cleaning time easier with it's "burning the grime off" properties, however yes some will use dish soap to clean their wheels but do note it may dull, and or cause clear coat failure on your wheels from its harsh chemicals/drain the natural oils from the wheel paint but to make your cleaning process more of a breeze it's best if you unmount the wheels, and clean the barrel/face to the best of your ability using a wheel cleaner, iron-x/tar-x, and clay bar to remove much contamination you can even try polishing then once done seal them up with a sealant on hand then your weekly wash will most likely will consist of a cheap car wash soap, brushes and a spray wax

Thank you. I did what you said, well almost everything because i did not sealed them.

Too bad here i dont have access to products like iron x.

Downloading................

toycar18
10-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Soap is gonna have a ton of wetting agents that foam like crazy and are tough to rinse. They work great with dwell time and agitation.

APC is gonna rinse much faster leaving less residue that could potentially attract dirt.

jamesboyy
10-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Thank you. I did what you said, well almost everything because i did not sealed them.

Too bad here i dont have access to products like iron x.

Downloading................

You don't necessarily need products like Iron X but they do make the job easier, and or raises the end result bar

LSpec
10-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Soap is gonna have a ton of wetting agents that foam like crazy and are tough to rinse. They work great with dwell time and agitation.

APC is gonna rinse much faster leaving less residue that could potentially attract dirt.

that is a good reason to use apc.

You don't necessarily need products like Iron X but they do make the job easier, and or raises the end result bar
ok, thank you.

and that is what I am looking do my life easier :D

anyone of you use something different to remove this dirty?

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o619/LSpec/IMG_2429_zps9a014192.jpg (http://s1150.photobucket.com/user/LSpec/media/IMG_2429_zps9a014192.jpg.html)

mwoolfso
10-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Soft-bristled toothbrush and some car wash soap. I work out that dirt by tilting the brush at an angle to the paint surface and then move back-and-forth as slowly as possible to work the dirt out. I increase speed for any areas that remain soiled.

allenk4
10-25-2014, 12:45 PM
that is a good reason to use apc.

ok, thank you.

and that is what I am looking do my life easier :D

anyone of you use something different to remove this dirty?

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o619/LSpec/IMG_2429_zps9a014192.jpg (http://s1150.photobucket.com/user/LSpec/media/IMG_2429_zps9a014192.jpg.html)

Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion

Apply a thick, globby coat, down into the emblem

Let it dwell for 10 minutes

Agitate with a toothbrush

Blast off with a jet of water

Wipe off residue with a MF

This can also be accomplished with a liquid cleaner wax

LSpec
10-25-2014, 08:03 PM
i will try it tomorrow and let you know the results Thanks