PDA

View Full Version : Water tank/ pump concerns.

Aririguzo
10-24-2014, 07:24 AM
Right now I have an 100 gallon water tank. I'm trying to connect it to a water pump so that I can use it with my tank. I believe a 12V one would be suitable, originally I had this tank leveled with a tube & used gravity to feed my pressure washer.

Recently I realized that gravity alone would harm the pump because it's asking for more water than was being fed.

If anyone with some experience on this topic would give a helping hand that'd be greatly appreciated, thankss

Aririguzo
10-24-2014, 07:25 AM

Another angel.

SilverRebel
10-24-2014, 07:51 AM
How many (GPM) Gallons Per Minute is your Pressure Washer?

You can search amazon or northern tool for a 12 volt pump to install with your water tank.

Aririguzo
10-24-2014, 02:13 PM
How many (GPM) Gallons Per Minute is your Pressure Washer?

You can search amazon or northern tool for a 12 volt pump to install with your water tank.

Right now I'm running it off 2.3 GPM. I want to connect my tank. To a tube, this tube connected to a pump, and a way to connect my pump directly to my pressure washer. Right now my tub can be directly connected to my pressure washer, how do I connect a pump in-between? 30805

expdetailing
10-24-2014, 02:19 PM
There are youtube videos of this topic; look there if you don't find your answer here.
The pressure washer is 2.3 gallons per minute?
Maybe you could measure, in a 5 gallon bucket, how much water is released from the tank by gravity per minute, and compare it to your pressure washer's out-put. You may not need a pump.

Detailing by M
10-27-2014, 06:51 PM
I did this with a 12vlt, 60 psi pump. These are all over the net. they are around $160.
60 psi is what your electric PW requires.
and having more pressure then your pump requires means nothing. You want more then it needs so it doesn't run dry. That will do damage, not to much pressure.
I still use my 12vlt in my van for filling and washing and my gas powered is just directly plumbed to my tanks.

SilverRebel
10-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Right now I'm running it off 2.3 GPM. I want to connect my tank. To a tube, this tube connected to a pump, and a way to connect my pump directly to my pressure washer. Right now my tub can be directly connected to my pressure washer, how do I connect a pump in-between? 30805

Yes you will want to connect the pump between your water tank and your pressure washer.

You can do a search for 12 volt pumps on amazon and you will get a lot of them to choose from.

Just run a tube from your water tank to the input of the pump, then run a tube from the output of the pump to your pressure washer.

The pump will be marked for flow direction with one side being in and the other out.

I hope this helps.