PDA

View Full Version : Interior Smells

jobeck1
08-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Hello All,

My wife used a Bissel cleaning solution to remove some stains from the upholstery and carpet in out Nissan Altima. After she was done we noticed the smell, it is horrible and doesn't seem to want to go away. What do you recommend to reclean the carpet and upholstery to get rid of the smell?

Thx

ScottB
08-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Duragloss Odor Remover ....

Russecu
08-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Duragloss Odor Remover ....
Yep

joe.p
08-14-2007, 09:23 AM
I like and perfer the aroma of Ozium much better then DG odor remover....and yes i have tried and used both ..

Reg Ozium has a much better fragrance over DG..it leaves nice fresh smell
behind IMHO DG smells like vinegar to me. iirc.. Ozium contains a bacteria killer..

btw,is it possible your wife may not have extracted all the water from the interior ??? if this is the case you will need to get a shop vac to remove the remainder of the water from the carpets before mold sets in..

also did you notice the smell prior to cleaning??

jobeck1
08-14-2007, 11:23 AM
No the smell wasn't there. Usually with the Bissel it leaves a fresh scent but not this time. It also smelled immediately after she cleaned it, it smells more like a dead rat than mildew. lol

Jimmie
08-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree with Killr on Duragloss Odor Remover. If that doesn't do the trick the next step that I'd take is to get it to someone with a professional hot water extractor. If that doesn't do it there are previous threads on AGOL that talk about removing seats, then carpet, and replacing the padding. Afterwards put the clean carpet back.

Mike T
08-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Another vote for Oder Remover.

bill walsh
08-14-2007, 11:51 AM
check a/c system/vents

joe.p
08-14-2007, 12:29 PM
No the smell wasn't there. Usually with the Bissel it leaves a fresh scent but not this time. It also smelled immediately after she cleaned it, it smells more like a dead rat than mildew. lol
you might want to check the carpet to see if its satuarated with water..

IMHO .....save your money on the DG odor remover. it dosent last more then a few mininutes in a clean car...in your case its useless.. you can pick up a can of odor bomb from walgreens ..

jobeck1
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
I was actually thinking of using Woolite and scrubbing it into the carpet and upholstery letting it dry and then vacuum. The carpet was never saturated she just used the bissel spray and hit multiple stains throughout the car.

TOGWT
08-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Smells and Odours:
Always check the following; cabin air filter, ac condensate pan and drain pipe
The most important aspect of removing or at the very least mitigating an offensive door is that you must find and remove its origin. If you thoroughly clean the interior and it still smells you have not removed the material which is generating the smell. You can use an ozone machine, steam / extractor, scrub, and vacuum etc but if you do not remove the origin the smell will remain.

Jay Laub
08-25-2007, 10:03 PM
ozium vanilla or new car scent, just use a little bit for the entire car.

bill walsh
08-26-2007, 09:40 AM
ozone generator machine