PDA

View Full Version : What to use after sealant?

Pages : [1] 2

rsm688
10-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Okay guys well I got everything all buffed out on my paint and it looks great, I went over it all with the Wolfgang sealant. My questions is what should I use after this now? Carnuba wax, a synthetic wax/polish, etc?

Also, what's something good to wipe the whole vehicle down with every few days to keep it looking shiny and clean in between washes?

Thanks,
Spencer

RobRabbit2.5
10-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Okay guys well I got everything all buffed out on my paint and it looks great, I went over it all with the Wolfgang sealant. My questions is what should I use after this now? Carnuba wax, a synthetic wax/polish, etc?

Also, what's something good to wipe the whole vehicle down with every few days to keep it looking shiny and clean in between washes?

Thanks,
Spencer

Sounds like you're done. You can top with carnuaba if you want but it's not necessary.

Quick Detail-er spray between washes.

Zubair
10-23-2014, 11:02 AM
Wolfgang sealant should look good on its own without needing topping, however you can add a wax of your choice for added depth. You can choose from a variety of quick detailers between washes, Wolfgang has one too.

rsm688
10-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Thanks guys, yes it looks great and I know I don't need anything else but didn't know if it was a good idea to top coat it with some kind of carnuba or liquid synthetic wax to add another layer of protection and make the sealant last longer.

Thanks,
Spencer

Kurtopia
10-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys, yes it looks great and I know I don't need anything else but didn't know if it was a good idea to top coat it with some kind of carnuba or liquid synthetic wax to add another layer of protection and make the sealant last longer.

Thanks,
Spencer
Ahh, the greatest can of worms you can open on a detailing forum as good as this one :laughing:

MarkD51
10-23-2014, 01:31 PM
One product I really liked over WGDGPS 3.0 was Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detailer Spray. A great product to maintain the beauty after a wash without a lot of work.

Kamakaz1961
10-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Pandora's Box is open!! I put on a coat of wax after a sealant. I like the $$ carnauba only waxes. There are many brands that I think are awesome. It is just a matter of your preference.

The hybrid waxes IMO are not as good as the carnauba's. They will last longer, however, not show a better wet look or depth than a carni only wax.

Again, my opinion!!

custmsprty
10-23-2014, 02:15 PM
You can also always put a second coat of the sealant on to add to the longevity. I personally love Blackfire WDPS. I've topped 3.0 with Fuzion, Black Ice and most recently Midnight Sun.

FUNX650
10-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Depending on your wishing to either continue with the characteristics of the Wolfgang Sealant, or those of a Wax...Then, synergistically speaking, there's:

For a Wax:
(Full size)
Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Car Wax contains real carnauba wax and paint sealant polymers to protect paint. ultimate show car wax, auto wax, paste wax, (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-carnauba-polymer-car-wax.html)

(Sampler size)
Wolfgang Fzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax, carnauba car wax, show car wax, polymer wax, paste wax, Wolfgang German car care (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-wax-sample.html)

Maintenance between washes..."level of dirtiness dependent"...(And for either the Wolfgang Sealant, or the Fuzion Wax):
Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-instant-detail-spritz.html)

Bob

cardaddy
10-23-2014, 04:46 PM
One product I really liked over WGDGPS 3.0 was Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detailer Spray. A great product to maintain the beauty after a wash without a lot of work.

THIS! Or, keeping in mind the synergy of it all, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant. I love it, LOVE IT!

Wouldn't top with carnauba though, that'll only last a couple of weeks at best. (Unless it's a garage queen.)

Bunky
10-23-2014, 06:58 PM
THIS! Or, keeping in mind the synergy of it all, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant. I love it, LOVE IT!

The Spritz Sealant is special. It adds some bling.

hernandez.art13
10-23-2014, 07:10 PM
I like to wash like normal as in regular maintenance washes. 2BM, dry etc.

but what I really like doing now, using a spray wax, once it is washed and dried, and give the car a final wipe.

I know that Meguiar's D156 can be used after regular maintenance washes, (every 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc.) and it won't build up, but will give it a nice, just waxed look. So not sure how other spray waxes specifically work and if this could be done with them too. You can always call the manufacture and ask, just to be certain.

Quick detail sprays, spray waxes and spray sealants provide instant shine and paint protection! Pinnacle Crystal Mist, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz (http://www.autogeek.net/quickdetail.html)

dmayer
10-23-2014, 09:50 PM
You could try topping the sealant with Collinite Marque D'Elegance or another hard paste wax and top that with Collinite 845 Insulator wax. 845 over a hard paste carnauba looks great! Take a long look the day after you top with the 845 and enjoy! It's kinda breathtaking.

Dogfather
10-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Is the paint metallic or non-metallic?
If it has flakes you might be disappointed with a wax. It may look better if you leave it as is.

Zubair
10-24-2014, 12:32 AM
You could try topping the sealant with Collinite Marque D'Elegance or another hard paste wax and top that with Collinite 845 Insulator wax. 845 over a hard paste carnauba looks great! Take a long look the day after you top with the 845 and enjoy! It's kinda breathtaking.

Whilst the 845 looks good, 915 Marque D'Elegance is the beauty queen of the Collinite range. The look will always take on whats put on last so yes the look will be 845 which is nowhere as deep,wet and glossy as 915.