PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding in-between washes and Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax

mrq0604
10-22-2014, 07:32 PM
I am planning to wash the car (hand-wash, of course) tomorrow evening (Thursday). And my car went through a light rain last Friday when the car was a bit dusty. Is my wax ruined if I leave the car dirty/unwashed for almost a week? How soon should I clean the car to maximize the wax's protection?

I am also planning to apply Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax after the hand-wash. Will this strip off the layer of Collinite wax I applied? Or will this add more protection + shine?

Thanks in advance.

jamesboyy
10-22-2014, 08:20 PM
I am planning to wash the car (hand-wash, of course) tomorrow evening (Thursday). And my car went through a light rain last Friday when the car was a bit dusty. Is my wax ruined if I leave the car dirty/unwashed for almost a week? How soon should I clean the car to maximize the wax's protection?

I am also planning to apply Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax after the hand-wash. Will this strip off the layer of Collinite wax I applied? Or will this add more protection + shine?

Thanks in advance.

The time your vehicle spent dirty your LSP(last step product like wax) should be alright with little to no harm, though IMO I would wash the vehicle right after the rainy weather dissipate but waiting a few days to ensure clear weather is alright too as for your Meguiars quick wax it should not do do any harm to
Collinite only just extend the life while adding shine.