PDA

View Full Version : ONR vs Meguiars RFEW (D114)

Pages : [1] 2

jarred767
10-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, I was kinda surprised that I cant find too much on D114 on these forums. Is it not really well liked here, or just too many other options. I've used It pretty exclusively for rinseless washes since it came out, and I've been happy, but curious how ONR compares.

I'm interested in opinions of ease of use, finished product (cleaning ability/streaking) comparitive cost, and overall like/dislike. Also, I use RFEW at roughly 1:30 for presoaking, cleanings door jambs, as a clay lube, and other light cleaning needs; can ONR be used in a similar fashion?

I look forward to hearing some thoughts from those of you that have used both. Thanks in advance!

frankprozzoly
10-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Theres a big write up on it somewhere on here. I'm not good at searching and linking. I prefer meguiars. I think its slicker. Someone will link that thread to you soon im sure

dcjredline
10-22-2014, 05:53 PM
I use onr at the QD dilution for clay, QD, presoak, waterless wash, door jambs, interior light cleaning and glass, love it. The one thing I don't use it for strangely enough is Rinseless wash. I just purchased D114 and can't wait to try it out...I've read a lot about 114 being better than ONR in that category. I'm sure it can be effective for all those other uses just like ONR.

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

FUNX650
10-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Unlike many other waterless/rinseless products,
I like the fact that D114 leaves nothing behind:
no Waxes, gloss enhancers, etc.; it's just a very
well formulated cleaner!

You say that you use RFEW at roughly 1:30 for
presoaking, cleaning door jambs, as a clay lube,
and other light cleaning needs.
IMO: that's a pretty potent cleaning ratio.
I find that RFEW diluted at 128:1, or even at 256:1,
performs fantastically for light cleaning tasks.

You asked if ONR can be used in a fashion
similar to your usage of RFEW at 30:1.
IMO: that would also be a pretty potent
cleaning ratio for ONR.

Bob

frankprozzoly
10-22-2014, 06:43 PM
You guys are stingy. I never follow directions. I mix an ounce or two in a 32oz bottle. I feel safer using more even if its unnecessary

RTexasF
10-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Unlike many other waterless/rinseless products,
I like the fact that D114 leaves nothing behind:
no Waxes, gloss enhancers, etc.; it's just a very
well formulated cleaner!

Same with Poorboy's Spray & Wipe which pretty much led the charge on this type of product.......for a spray & wipe that is. I've used it for 10 years and it never disappoints.

Dellinger
10-22-2014, 07:24 PM
jarred- In my experience, I prefer Meg's D114 over ONR for a rinseless wash mainly because I feel is is easier to 'wipe off'. (The less I have to touch the car... the better I believe for the paint and for me.) Plus, it doesn't leave anything behind.

On the other hand, I feel ONR is a more versatile product.

Those items stated; I have both ONR and D114 of which I use/ enjoy them both.

Best,
-Gabe

jarred767
10-22-2014, 08:14 PM
You guys are stingy. I never follow directions. I mix an ounce or two in a 32oz bottle. I feel safer using more even if its unnecessary

I do the exact same thing. I just put roughly an ounce in and then fill it up. Still waaaaaay cheaper than just about any other product that ao would use in its place.

Well, I figured with how much more ONR is talked about on here, that people would prefer IR, but so far, doesn't seem to be the case. So does ONR leave "stuff" behind? Because I do like that part of RFEW - that it just leaves it clean since I'm usually following up with Clay then Polish or AIO.

KMdef9
10-22-2014, 08:53 PM
I do the exact same thing. I just put roughly an ounce in and then fill it up. Still waaaaaay cheaper than just about any other product that ao would use in its place.

Well, I figured with how much more ONR is talked about on here, that people would prefer IR, but so far, doesn't seem to be the case. So does ONR leave "stuff" behind? Because I do like that part of RFEW - that it just leaves it clean since I'm usually following up with Clay then Polish or AIO.

Yes, it's a rinseless wash and shine/wax.

frankprozzoly
10-22-2014, 10:15 PM
I don't know how to link to another thread but a guy named tisser wrote a good review. Search keywords megs express wash and you'll find it

SonOfOC
10-23-2014, 12:46 AM
Hey guys, I was kinda surprised that I cant find too much on D114 on these forums. Is it not really well liked here, or just too many other options.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/47024-meguiar-s-d114-rinse-free-express-wash.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/46546-review-meguiar-s-d114-rinse-free-express-wash.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/55800-review-megs-d114.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/47046-another-megs-d114-express-wash-review.html

Moldavite
10-23-2014, 03:10 AM
I prefer D114 than ONR
D115 is good if want a just wax look :)

MattPersman
10-23-2014, 04:13 AM
I prefer the d114 to ONR as well. If I want something added polymer shine wise I would rather use Detail juice or uLtima UWW+

dcjredline
10-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Just used my D114 last night. The Bonneville hasnt been washed for about a week and a half. It was last done with HydrO2 so I expected it to be EASY. And it was. The D114 worked AWESOME. I must also say that I was VERY impressed with how well it cleaned EVEN THE TIRES!!!! WOW!!

FUNX650
10-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Just used my D114 last night. The Bonneville hasnt been washed for about a week and a half. It was last done with HydrO2 so I expected it to be EASY. And it was. The D114 worked AWESOME. I must also say that I was VERY impressed with how well it cleaned EVEN THE TIRES!!!! WOW!!
As I knew, well beforehand...Yet, still:
I'm pleased as Punch to find that you are
very impressed with Meguiar's D114!! :dblthumb2:

Bob