PDA

View Full Version : Spray on upholstery cleaner?

sphell
10-22-2014, 03:24 PM
What's a good upholstery cleaner for cloth/suede seats that I can spray on and vac/wipe off?

I work with a lot of MDF and the dust has embedded itself into my driver's seat and vacuuming alone doesn't seem to help anymore.

It seems to have 'dulled' the colour of the fabric.

jamesboyy
10-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Folex would be my choice, as you can find it locally at home depot/lowes

davidc
10-22-2014, 03:41 PM
This foaming works very well

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2269_69659937
Dave

expdetailing
10-22-2014, 04:12 PM
If in a pinch, you could run to your local shoe store for a cleaner.

Firehouse Mike
10-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Folex would be my choice, as you can find it locally at home depot/lowes

While you're there, grab the foaming Resolve Carpet Cleaner. Works awesome on seats for spot cleaning without the extra wetness. Folex is great for spots too. I use it as a pretreat before extraction.

FUNX650
10-22-2014, 06:24 PM
303 Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner and Spot Remover

Bob

allenk4
10-22-2014, 09:54 PM
You mentioned "suede"

If you are talking about the microfiber material, Folex is great, but don't use too much or it can dry unevenly

Jason Rose from Meguiar's suggests that microfiber cleans microfiber best and cotton towels may be better for carpets

Evan.J
10-22-2014, 10:46 PM
This is what you need:

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/sonax-upholstery-alcantara-cleaner-250-ml-1.gif

SONAX Upholstery and Alcantara Cleaner, best alcantara cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-alcantara-cleaner1.html)

BrianMcLeod
10-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Need to try those ^ here's a interior I did about a week ago all I used was folex and a scrub brush a steam machine but that was just to sanitize it and any other stains 30793

Evan.J
10-22-2014, 11:45 PM
If you're not using the steamer to clean then you are not using the steamer to its full potential.

Steamers while they sanitize they also clean very very well and that's the main purpose for them.

BrianMcLeod
10-23-2014, 09:42 AM
If you're not using the steamer to clean then you are not using the steamer to its full potential.

Steamers while they sanitize they also clean very very well and that's the main purpose for them.

So what would of been you process Evan? Would like to know so I can improve and I hate to say this but I have a vx5000

sphell
10-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I might grab the 303 or the Sonax as I don't think we have Folex or Resolve in Australia although there are probably similar products around. That seat came out great by the way!

allenk4
10-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Just re-read your original post..."MDF and the dust has embedded itself into my driver's seat and vacuuming alone doesn't seem to help anymore."

Are you brushing and then vacuuming the fabric?

Brushing makes a huge difference

Getting as much of the dirt out with brushing and vacuuming , BEFORE you apply anything wet, will make the job go much better

sphell
10-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Just re-read your original post..."MDF and the dust has embedded itself into my driver's seat and vacuuming alone doesn't seem to help anymore."

Are you brushing and then vacuuming the fabric?

Brushing makes a huge difference

Getting as much of the dirt out with brushing and vacuuming , BEFORE you apply anything wet, will make the job go much better

Yeah I've got a Shop Vac with a brush attachment that I use to vac the seats and carpet however the car is almost 5 years old and has 110,000km's on it now so the driver's seat has seen a lot of dust in that time lol;)