PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone,and greetings from South FL

Roikins
10-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Firs I would like to thanks for having me here. I've been reading this forum for over a month,and I used the iPhone app Tapatalk, registered there and thought that I'll be automaticly added to forums I choose, until yesterday I tried to post a question and realize that it's not working like that :)My name is Roy, I live in Hallandale, it's between Maiami and Fort Lauderdale, live across the street from ocean:) I used to work with boats, my main job was cleaning bottoms underwater, and I did some detailing as well for boats , that's why after boat detailing,car detailing looks for me a lot easier, because there is a lot of surface to cover under hot sun, a lot of corners and the boat sides!!! Imagine hanging yourself head down for hours,It's a hell of a job, I loved the diving better:) And 5 years back there was no available such powerful and advanced waxes, and products. Right now my head spins from the huge variety of things for detailing. I love to take care of my car myself, and I thought that I know how to do it:) About a month ago I bought brand new Genesis 2015 Ultimate, with marble white pearl tricoat paint, and I just want to keep it like its brand new all the times. I already bouth a lot of product from Autogeek.net , huge towel collection, and Pinnacle Black Label kits for coatings ,and for interior as well. This brand is awesome!!! Windshields was my biggest problem, but after I was introduced with waffle towels and proper cleaners and clay and cleanser and polishing, it's completely different now:))
Thank you all for giving advices I was able to take care of my car at completely different level. Next in my list is dual motion polisher.
The two things I have issues is , I can't decide what's better, regular hand wash , or the foam spray? The Pinnacle black label shampoo is awesome, even after a wash, the car looks like it's been detailed. Also got that Pinnacle Natural Brilliance shampoo, but can't decide about the foam wash.
Another issue is that I live close to ocean humid and sandy wind is blowing all over my car.
So it's sticks to windows and everywhere. I used to cover my windshield with RainX,but after I did the coating, I don't like it anymore. Also I used the RainX windshield washer, and last time I bought the RainX washer addesive, it's giving me now those spots all over my car and windshield, they just dry out and stick as grey little dots everywhere. I found that windshield washer concentrate called 1Z Einszett windshield washer concentrate, I think it would be much better than RainX, but also the Pinnacle Glasswork booster looks good to me. What would happen if I use the Einszett concentrate to make washer fluid and add the Pinnacle Glasswork booster? Or it would be too much?
I did the window coating with Pinnacle Black Label.
Sorry for that long introduction and lot of questions.
Anyway I am glad to be here and share my thoughts with all the members and learn new things.
Have a wonderful rest of the day everyone!!!

Roikins
10-22-2014, 03:23 PM
I hope I did post this tread to the right place, because I see some other new members post in different place

jamesboyy
10-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Welcome to autogeek, you look as if you posted in the right place, and while using a foam gun/cannon to get your car is great cause it's no touching of the paint except drying(foam wash) it still IMO don't get the paintwork as clean as two bucket method(hand wash)

Roikins
10-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Thank you so much for welcoming and that info. I guess if I use proper washing two pocket technic and a lot of foam and micro chenille wash
Mitt, it shouldn't leave any scratches on paint?
Thanks again.

jamesboyy
10-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Thank you so much for welcoming and that info. I guess if I use proper washing two pocket technic and a lot of foam and micro chenille wash
Mitt, it shouldn't leave any scratches on paint?
Thanks again.

You are correct but make sure each bucket have grit guards in them, however every vehicle will accumulate defects, flaws over time which you polish out at least once a year, and one last suggestion would be since you live by sand consider getting at least a foam gun(that attaches to the garden hose) to safely remove the sand before washing

Roikins
10-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Ohh,thanks you !!! That is a awesome idea! I will get the foam gun together with dual action polisher I was going to order from Autogeek.
Actually I just went towards my car tonight, it was dark,only one street light was very bright,and I saw very light swirl marks already!!! And that's for a month old car!! How's that could be ?

jamesboyy
10-22-2014, 09:28 PM
If you allowed the dealer to detail the vehicle before you picked it up that is one way, and another is from you washing, wiping, etc of the paintwork but your paint system is most likely soft but don't go chase every last swirl you see, there are products like waxes/sealants that will hide the imperfections just polish the paintwork at least once a year to keep the defects to minimum while saving "skin"(clear coat)

Roikins
10-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Yes,that would be the reason,dealer washed it twice,first time when the car was delivered,and I tinted windows right away,and he did it again. Thanks for the advice, I already bought very good polishing and coating stuff from Autogeek.
Thanks.

Meghan
10-23-2014, 11:46 AM
:welcome:

Pats300zx
10-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Welcome !!!

Evan.J
10-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the forum Roy!

alexxxx89
10-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Welcome sir!

I live in Lauderhill, although a bit further west (close to the bank Atlantic center).

AG and Autopia are great resources for learning and continuing education.

Definitely make sure you get a good, high foaming soap for your foam gun. Detailers pride (commonly referred to as DP) is the highest rated soap of late. Also, I suggest getting the quart-sized gun. I have the half gallon and I have yet to utilize the full capacity. Dealing with the bulky tank is a pain.

With that, I also suggest a versatile waterless wash concentrate. I like optimum no rinse wash and shine. You can use it as clay lube, waterless wash, quick detailer, or (obv) a rinse less wash. I add some to my soap solution to add lubricity and emulsify the dirt. They have a wash and wax as well.

Another suggestion is a good microfiber detergent. I use micro restore.

I also cannot stress enough, stockpile your pads!! Buy the multipacks, try different brands/styles.

Good luck!

Roikins
10-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Thank you very much for welcoming and all advices. I know where Lauderhill is :) been there to work on some boats :) Thank you for good suggestions, now I know what to buy and how to start properly keep my car in shape :)