PDA

View Full Version : Apc ?

frankprozzoly
10-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Do apc's have disinfectants? Anyone clean the bathroom with it?

Has anyone ever waxed or sealed the shower? I wonder if it'd be easier to clean afterwards. I know Somebody out there has tried it

jamesboyy
10-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Some APC's do have disinfectant property's within them like Lysol 4 in 1 lemon breeze, I personally uses this Lysol, or when out of Lysol use regular all purpose clean to detail my bathroom
though, do note not to use APC on floors as some can make it slippery, lastly I have sealed my shower stall/glass before it,
thus leave's less water to wipe up after taking a shower

BrianMcLeod
10-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Some APC's do have disinfectant property's within them like Lysol 4 in 1 lemon breeze, I personally uses this Lysol, or when out of Lysol use regular all purpose clean to detail my bathroom

though, do note not to use APC on floors as some can make it slippery, lastly I have sealed my shower stall/glass before it,

thus leave's less water to wipe up after taking a shower

When I detail my bathroom I like that instead of cleaning it sounds more fun that way!

PiPUK
10-24-2014, 01:56 AM
The majority of detailing products are only cleaners - no disinfecting. Which is why they are rarely the right product for cleaning something g like mould, mildew or algae.

BillE
10-24-2014, 08:22 AM
A nice product for shower surrounds is Meguiar's M-67 (One Step Compound). It's 2 in1 compound/polish (no wax). I have used it safely on the floor with no slipping. Then a 'marine wax' on the verticals.

Bil

frankprozzoly
10-24-2014, 08:38 AM
I put collinte 845 on one wall. Water slides off quickly

allenk4
10-24-2014, 04:55 PM
A lot of Detailing Products contain alcohol, which is a disinfectant

toycar18
10-24-2014, 05:05 PM
A lot of Detailing Products contain alcohol, which is a disinfectant

But likely too low of a concentration to be effective

Rick72
10-24-2014, 05:57 PM
I put collinte 845 on one wall. Water slides off quickly

Fantastic !

frankprozzoly
10-24-2014, 06:27 PM
Fantastic !

Lol, you gonna find something to keep yourself occupied

PiPUK
10-25-2014, 07:56 AM

Yup. For example, liquid hand sanitisers need to have about 70% ethanol to pass british standards for bacterial kill - so you need a lot! I will probably say that I don't add specific preservatives to products that have much more than 10% IPA. That said, all I am worried about will be stopping growth, not actually killing an existing 'infection'. Certainly by the time you dilute any normal APC, there will only be fractions of a percent of alcohol and this won't help you killing anything.

aim4squirrels
10-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Tilex is essentially watered down bleach. Next time you run out of Tilex, save the bottle and cut the 8.25% bleach 3:1 with water and you'll have a solution that is still stronger than Tilex.

Bleach can also be used to raise the chlorine level in a pool without adding stabilizer (cyanuric acid). If you tell the pool store people you're doing thus, they'll look at you cross ways, as they'd prefer you buy their way overpriced pucks and powders. I've been using bleach for over two years with no ill effects.

Just be sure to get the bleach that doesn't have scents or fabric softeners in it.

allenk4
10-25-2014, 12:56 PM

What % concentration would be considered"effective"?