PDA

View Full Version : which coating is best for the first time using one?

Pages : [1] 2

miad
10-21-2014, 09:26 PM
have never used a coating before but would like to try to start upselling it. very small, nearly nonexistent market for it here, but think I need to have some on hand in case. what brand should I get for starting out. probably wont be able to keep vehicles overnight, so is there anything out there that doesn't have to cure? how do I use this new Gloss Coat? I really don't know much about coatings at all. aware me.

Chase.Detailing
10-21-2014, 10:12 PM
DP Paint coating seems to have good reviews

miad
10-21-2014, 10:14 PM
they all have good reviews, I just wonder which one is better for a beginner. maybe it doesn't matter. most of my concern is how to use them. do they have to cure for hours? do you wipe them off or just rub them in and leave them? they are just very new to me. need advice.

SYMAWD
10-21-2014, 10:27 PM
CQuartz is extremely easy to use.

ilian11
10-21-2014, 10:32 PM
they all have good reviews, I just wonder which one is better for a beginner. maybe it doesn't matter. most of my concern is how to use them. do they have to cure for hours? do you wipe them off or just rub them in and leave them? they are just very new to me. need advice.

How to apply cquartz? - complete video guide! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/40989-how-apply-cquartz-complete-video-guide.html)

miad
10-21-2014, 10:35 PM
just watched that. thinking it might be my choice. probably cant go wrong with any of them, just thought maybe one was more "beginner friendly".

Driven Auto Detail
10-22-2014, 07:35 AM
Having used the new Optimum Gloss-Coat, I don't think you'll find an easier coating to apply. This stuff is just as easy to apply as Opti-Seal, if not easier.

DARK HORSE
10-22-2014, 07:40 AM
It doesn't get any easier than Cquartz, and the results are outstanding!

Here's a few pictures of it doing its thing 18 months (post #1) and 2 years (post #3) after application...

Cquartz @ 18 Months & 2+ Years (Rock ON Baby)! (http://carproforum.com/showthread.php?195-Cquartz-18-Months-amp-2-Years-%28Rock-ON-Baby%29!&p=3966#post3966)

Driven Auto Detail
10-22-2014, 08:26 AM
It doesn't get any easier than Cquartz, and the results are outstanding!

Here's a few pictures of it doing its thing 18 months (post #1) and 2 years (post #3) after application...

Cquartz @ 18 Months & 2+ Years (Rock ON Baby)! (http://carproforum.com/showthread.php?195-Cquartz-18-Months-amp-2-Years-%28Rock-ON-Baby%29!&p=3966#post3966)

While I don't dispute that Cquarts is a fantastic product, I've seen numerous complaints throughout various message forums about the application process.

I don't have any vested interest in any of them, but based on my research, Cquartz wouldn't win a contest for the most user-friendly application.

DARK HORSE
10-22-2014, 09:58 AM
While I don't dispute that Cquarts is a fantastic product, I've seen numerous complaints throughout various message forums about the application process.

I don't have any vested interest in any of them, but based on my research, Cquartz wouldn't win a contest for the most user-friendly application.

Hmmm, I don't know of a coating that could be any easier than CQ "Original". Simply apply it, wait at least 45 minutes and wipe it off. I've waited as long as 2 hours and it still wiped it off effortlessly. Now if you are referring to CQ UK or Finest, then I will say it does take a little bit more effort, and one must pay closer attention. However, most people don’t have an issue if they pay attention during application/removal, and follow the directions and tips provided by CarPro-US.

I have used many different coatings from many different manufacturers, and I can tell you in all honesty IMHO none apply and remove easier than CQ "Original" and the results are incredible.

Do you mind if I ask if you have ever used CQ "Original" yourself?

SYMAWD
10-22-2014, 10:34 AM

CQuartz was my first coating and as long as the surface is clean, it's stupid simple to apply. Just apply in a cross hatch, wait, buff off, and do a second coat.

Driven Auto Detail
10-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Hmmm, I don't know of a coating that could be any easier than CQ "Original". Simply apply it, wait at least 45 minutes and wipe it off. I've waited as long as 2 hours and it still wiped it off effortlessly. Now if you are referring to CQ UK or Finest, then I will say it does take a little bit more effort, and one must pay closer attention. However, most people don’t have an issue if they pay attention during application/removal, and follow the directions and tips provided by CarPro-US.

I have used many different coatings from many different manufacturers, and I can tell you in all honesty IMHO none apply and remove easier than CQ "Original" and the results are incredible.

Do you mind if I ask if you have ever used CQ "Original" yourself?

What I've read must have been about the UK version. Thanks for the clarification.

CDot
10-22-2014, 11:02 AM
DP Paint Coating is very easy to use, no learning curve. Spray the applicator, then spray the paint and wipe in. After hazing, just wipe off.

Only thing is that most have recommended either a MF applicator or CarPro applicator as opposed to the foam applicators.

RaskyR1
10-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Most the consumer coatings are very easy to use and you really can't go wrong with any of them. CQUK, 22ple, and likely the new Gloss-Coat are solid options.

Mike Phillips
10-22-2014, 11:25 AM
I'd say the DP Paint Coating is the easiest coating on the market to use as far as application and removal.

I've used nothing but the Black Label Surface Coating on my wife's Mercedes-Benz since we bought it because I'm lazy. With this one product I coat the paint, glass and plastic (headlights and tail lights), and her car always looks just waxed... (or coated).

I have a forum group on DetailingWorld.co.uk that I post to once in a while. Check out my reply to this guy looking for an LSP that's easy to use.

Show Car LSP for Audi R8 (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=344435)

See post #5

:)