PDA

View Full Version : Armor all extreme tire gel slinging but AWESOME!

cc rider
10-21-2014, 12:38 AM
So, I have been trying different tire products. I just want a wet glossy shine look that lasts as long as possible. I have tried meguiars hot shine sprays and foam. I have also tried optimum tire shine. I have to say the AA gel looks awesome and it lasted longer and shined more than the other products I mentioned. I did notice some sling though (cause my vehicle is so clean :) ) . What product should I get that will give me what I want? Preferably something that is available in stores locally. But, if I need to I will get it off here. I have a ram truck by the way with 20"wheels. Its a pain to do them. If i use a spray , I get it all over the chrome. If i do the tires first , then i cant use fluids like eagle chrome cleaner to clean the wheel or else it will get on the tire. Need some newbie advice. Thanks

TurboToys
10-21-2014, 01:28 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/78659-coated-my-tires-today-wow.html

check that thread out, a lot of talk on tire coatings.

btw, i'd say the turtle wax tire coating mentioned in that thread (endura shine with the applicators) is definitely awesome. same with the trim, i did a small portion of trim on my trucks bed rails, and that one spot is still looking great after 4 months of time in the sun and rain. going to do all of the plastic soon before winter hits.

Goin Rogue
10-21-2014, 01:40 AM
I tried this product also and it is great! I did two coats and allowed it to dry for at least 12 hours and I had no sling. It even comes with a tire application sponge. I really like it for extra shiny tires and it lasts weeks!

cc rider
10-21-2014, 01:48 AM
Maybe I'll just let it dry longer. I did take it for a ride a couple of hours after I was done. I have a whole bottle left too.

I tried this product also it is great! I did two coats and allowed it to dry for at least 12 hours and I had no sling. It even comes with a tire application sponge. I really like it for extra shiny tires and it lasts weeks!

cc rider
10-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Maybe I'll just let it dry longer. I did take it for a ride a couple of hours after I was done. I have a whole bottle left too. That applicator is useless to me. I use the microfiber applicators from Wal-Mart. They come in a tub of 5 or 6 with a grip holder thingy.

I tried this product also it is great! I did two coats and allowed it to dry for at least 12 hours and I had no sling. It even comes with a tire application sponge. I really like it for extra shiny tires and it lasts weeks!

FUNX650
10-21-2014, 06:13 AM
The level of shine/gloss can be customized with Meguiars D170 Hyper Dressing. Meguiars D170 Hyper Dressing (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hyper-dressing.html)

Bob

Setec Astronomy
10-21-2014, 06:25 AM
If i use a spray , I get it all over the chrome. If i do the tires first , then i cant use fluids like eagle chrome cleaner to clean the wheel or else it will get on the tire. Need some newbie advice. Thanks

Clean everything first, then dress after (so wash the wheel or the tire first, then do the other "half", then rinse everything off when you are done--that presumes that "eagle chrome cleaner" is a wheel cleaner and not a metal polish).

I always spray my tire dressing onto my applicator, then apply to the tire. I realize that might be a chore on a large truck tire, but it solves the overspray problem.

NikonGuy
10-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Get Turtle Wax Endura Tire Shine (product Turbo Toys linked in post #2). It will last MONTHS, not weeks

cc rider
10-21-2014, 10:03 AM
This is the chrome cleaner:
Eagle One Chrome Wheel Cleaner, 23 oz - Walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com/ip/36172598?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227024480036&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40839633992&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78652670432&veh=sem)
I always use the wesley bleche wite tire cleaner to clean the tire. Both products work very well and are available at wally world.

Clean everything first, then dress after (so wash the wheel or the tire first, then do the other "half", then rinse everything off when you are done--that presumes that "eagle chrome cleaner" is a wheel cleaner and not a metal polish).

I always spray my tire dressing onto my applicator, then apply to the tire. I realize that might be a chore on a large truck tire, but it solves the overspray problem.

cc rider
10-21-2014, 10:03 AM
OK. Ill try it. Thanks

Get Turtle Wax Endura Tire Shine (product Turbo Toys linked in post #2). It will last MONTHS, not weeks

van185
10-21-2014, 01:32 PM
I use Poorboys Bold and Bright and really love it. It always leaves a great looking tire and dries quickly. I tried the Armor All Extreme one time and will never put it on my tires again. I will stick with Poorboys on tires.

VISITOR
10-22-2014, 01:40 AM
i've never had a problem using the AA tire shine gel, the key is to work it in well and sling won't be an issue. one of the best water based OTC tire dressings out...

KillaCam
10-22-2014, 07:05 AM
Slinging and awesome in the same sentence? I hate tire dressings that sling.

Don M
10-22-2014, 07:49 AM
i've never had a problem using the AA tire shine gel, the key is to work it in well and sling won't be an issue. one of the best water based OTC tire dressings out...

I've used the spray foam cleaner/protectant on my wife's Explorer and my Suzuki with no sling problems and excellent durability (so far). As for the over spray on the wheels, I dampen a trash cloth with cleaner and go over the rims to remove the over spray.