PDA

View Full Version : Black fire polish & seal

tpr1634
10-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Has this happen to anyone no matter how much I shook the bottle it had the consistency of jello "a little bit thicker", yet what was in the container was fine.30764 I use the small ag no clog bottles to dispense.

Nickstradamus
10-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Not to insult at all, but are you sure you have the right product? I have 3 bottles of the stuff and all are more liquid than that and have a blue-ish tint...

Are you talking about Blackfire Total Polish and Seal or another product?30766

van185
10-19-2014, 07:02 PM
I have a gallon bottle for over a year and it's still fine and works great. Not sure what happened to that one?

Dan K
10-19-2014, 09:31 PM
I have found that those bottles are not very air-tight and therefore allow products to thicken. I have had this happen to Collinite 845 and Menzerna 4000 .

If you squeeze the bottle firmly while the spout is closed, you will hear air being forced out between the neck and the cap. Placing a small piece of plastic wrap (Saran wrap) over the bottle opening before you screw on the cap will make the bottle more air-tight, but of course you will need to remove the plastic before using the bottle.

Although I like these bottles for products that I use often, I don't feel they are ideal for long term storage.

tpr1634
10-20-2014, 05:35 AM
Not to insult at all, but are you sure you have the right product? I have 3 bottles of the stuff and all are more liquid than that and have a blue-ish tint...

Are you talking about Blackfire Total Polish and Seal or another product?30766

Yeah its the right stuff, like I said what was still in the 64 oz container was just fine it's just weird. :buffing:

tpr1634
10-20-2014, 05:36 AM
I have found that those bottles are not very air-tight and therefore allow products to thicken. I have had this happen to Collinite 845 and Menzerna 4000 .

If you squeeze the bottle firmly while the spout is closed, you will hear air being forced out between the neck and the cap. Placing a small piece of plastic wrap (Saran wrap) over the bottle opening before you screw on the cap will make the bottle more air-tight, but of course you will need to remove the plastic before using the bottle.

Although I like these bottles for products that I use often, I don't feel they are ideal for long term storage.

That's what I think maybe is what happen. :buffing: