PDA

View Full Version : Best towels for rinseless wash

Pages : [1] 2 3

FocusSTguy
10-19-2014, 03:31 PM
With winter right around the corner I'm getting ready to do my first rinseless wash. I've got plenty of wash solution options, ONR, Pinnacle Rinseless Wash and GDIUDJ, but not sure about the best towel to use. I have some Detail Master Pro Eagle Edgeless plush towels but wondering if there is something better. Has anyone tried these Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html)? Any recommendations?

kevincwelch
10-19-2014, 03:41 PM
I have been using these (http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html) for the past year when doing rinseless washes. They are the same ones you've linked.

I picked up 12 of them and use one towel per panel (2 on the hood and 2 on the roof). When you fold them in quarters, you don't have to worry about rinsing them out. Once used, I just toss them into a "used" bucket and never have to worry about making sure they are rinsed out. They soak up a lot of water, so I make 4 gallons of water/ONR.

I haven't encountered a problem with the edges.

davidc
10-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Yes, the shine and buff's work very well and so does the the new Edgeless Avalanche that is 20 X 40.
I should also note the Shine and Buff's dry very well along with the Avalanche. The avalanche is probably a little large for washing.

Dave

CarolinasFinestDetailing
10-19-2014, 05:47 PM
I don't even use towels anymore. I use a sponge specifically designed for rinseless washing by Optimum. I get it from SoCal Detail Supply from Dann Williams.

tommygee
10-19-2014, 07:55 PM
I have been using these (http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html) for the past year when doing rinseless washes. They are the same ones you've linked.

I picked up 12 of them and use one towel per panel (2 on the hood and 2 on the roof). When you fold them in quarters, you don't have to worry about rinsing them out. Once used, I just toss them into a "used" bucket and never have to worry about making sure they are rinsed out. They soak up a lot of water, so I make 4 gallons of water/ONR.

Shine and Buff are the best! I use them for rinseless but they are best for waterless washes. And I lucked out on the latest BOGO and got 6 for $19.99!

spazzz
10-19-2014, 08:02 PM
I don't even use towels anymore. I use a sponge specifically designed for rinseless washing by Optimum. I get it from SoCal Detail Supply from Dann Williams.

Are you talking about the Big Red sponge they have for 18.99?

I am trying to improve my winter ONRW&W routine.

frankprozzoly
10-19-2014, 09:07 PM
I use the master pro eagle edgeless. I would fold them 16 times. I used to wipe one direction once then use another side

I used alot of towels. I brought this up before. I think I was being way to cautious. I presoak then wipe with a pretty wet towel but use it longer. I use same side to wipe more than once.

I'm still paranoid I'm putting tiny scratches on the car. It's silver so it's hard to tell. But I did notice very fine scratches on my rear brake lenses. The sun has to be very bright to see them. I'm irritated because that probably means I'm putting fine scratches in the paint.

Whatever, its a daily driver. It's not gonna look perfect forever

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Garyhw48
10-19-2014, 10:25 PM

I'm getting some of these in my next order with some Menzerna and microfiber pads. Really like the look of these towels and your review.

Blade
10-19-2014, 11:05 PM
I've been using a sponge, six years now with ONR on 2bm. With proper technique and the right sponge, you won't need towels.

That said, I recently tried the GDWM this year (or whatever it's called) because it makes sense. With this method, I use AG's Gold Plush Jr's, which works fine.

SYMAWD
10-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Detail Master Pro Eagle Edgeless

I like these a lot for rinseless.

Real Riders
10-19-2014, 11:33 PM

I also use the Big Red Sponge for Rinseless Washes and it rinses clean in the bucket bucket and I don't have to destroy nice towels. Autogeek needs to sell the Big Red Sponge or a similar soft sponge for Rinseless Washes. The Lake Country Blue Sponge is ok but the Big Red Sponge is much softer and works better for Rinseless Washes.

FocusSTguy
10-20-2014, 10:15 AM

I've been using a sponge, six years now with ONR on 2bm. With proper technique and the right sponge, you won't need towels.

That said, I recently tried the GDWM this year (or whatever it's called) because it makes sense. With this method, I use AG's Gold Plush Jr's, which works fine.

I also use the Big Red Sponge for Rinseless Washes and it rinses clean in the bucket bucket and I don't have to destroy nice towels. Autogeek needs to sell the Big Red Sponge or a similar soft sponge for Rinseless Washes. The Lake Country Blue Sponge is ok but the Big Red Sponge is much softer and works better for Rinseless Washes.

What is the advantage of the sponge over a MF wash mitt/towels? I thought sponges in general were a no no to use on car paint.

conman1395
10-20-2014, 11:03 AM
What is the advantage of the sponge over a MF wash mitt/towels? I thought sponges in general were a no no to use on car paint.
Cheap, easy to wash, and paint safe if you buy the right ones. Like Home Depot grout sponges.

CDot
10-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Currently using the 500gsm Elite Ultra Fine MF towels from MFT.

Blade
10-20-2014, 03:07 PM
What is the advantage of the sponge over a MF wash mitt/towels? I thought sponges in general were a no no to use on car paint.Besides being cheaper, there's less laundry to contend with. I use Lowe's ProLine sponge, which I can't find anymore - good I stocked up.