PDA

View Full Version : AIO for my camper?

solman
10-19-2014, 08:03 AM
I finally washed my camper yesterday. I wanted to use my Flex 3401 with XMT360 on it to give it some shine and protection. It has a gelcoat finish with lots of decals as it is a toy hauler trailer. Problem is that my camper is loaded with decals (vinyl?) from the factory. I am not sure if I can use the XMT 360 as it may dull or fade the decals. I could just go with a mild wax that has no cleaning abilities at all. I would rather get some more shine and a final cleaning that a polish gives.
Feed back please

MPBGT
10-19-2014, 08:07 AM
I've used Meg's regular old cleaner wax on a lightly oxidized camper and it's decals. I used a foam pad and a rotary. I had no issues it came out pretty well.

miad
10-19-2014, 08:08 AM
All in one on a Flex will work fine. Those decals are pretty durable. I've used a rotary and M105 with a heavy cut wool pad on many campers without a problem. Decals can be polished just like paint or gel most times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

RPPM
10-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Try DG 501, it is made for gelcoat, and should get you 4-6 months durability.

Pats300zx
10-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Try DG 501, it is made for gelcoat, and should get you 4-6 months durability.

I agree 100%. I used 501 on my boat all the time with stellar results !!!

davidc
10-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Keep in mind that if you have oxidation of an kind no wax or sealant will last very long. You need a good foundation to build on. I am now starting the ritual with the 32' fifth wheel. 2 summers ago I compounded then used DG 652 and 2 coats of DG 601/105. It has what I consider minor oxidation but fiberglass is very hard. I started with DG compound for fiberglass and a moderate wool pad. That process was going very slow and not the results I wanted so I switched to Megs 105, better but still lacking. The final now is the most aggressive wool pad and 3M's heavy duty ( rocks in a bottle ). This is working well. When the fiberglass is looking the way it should I apply DG 501 with a moderate foam pad and a DA. 2 days and I have the worst side cleaned up. 960ish square feet of fiberglass is a lot of buffing. I am going to go over the 501 with 601/105 and considering using 601/111 as the final coat. Before the Duragloss binge I am on I used various other sealants/waxes such as Klasse, Megs, Liquid Glass etc with what I consider dismal results. All of this is just my .02 cents. I have gone over all of my decals with all of the products listed with no ill results.

Dave

Hazcat
10-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Maybe you could get some more stickers so you don't have any exposed paint therefore no need to polish.

MPBGT
10-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Maybe you could get some more stickers so you don't have any exposed paint therefore no need to polish.

Not a bad idea, we have a promotional semi that is wrapped and it always looks pretty good. It basically goes through truck washes and gets quick detailed at shows. I doubt it's ever been actually waxed. I don't know what it would cost to get a camper wrapped though.

solman
10-20-2014, 06:12 AM
I did half the camper with the XMT 360 and a white ccd pad. Came out nice with no dulling or fading of the decals. I need to finish next weekend I ran out of time and energy.
Thanks to all who responded

Black's Magic
10-29-2014, 11:10 AM
I really like Meg's PRC. Depending on the surface condition, you can go foam on a Flex or DA or for more oxidation/defects, you can use wool on a rotary and get stellar results. Has worked well for me

Greg Nichols
11-09-2014, 09:52 PM
if you have ANY level of oxidation the choice of AIO you use will mainly just fill the pores of the oxidation, and so no real correction was done.

I like to use 3D Speed for campers, get them a years worth of use.

Cheers,
GREG

JAF06SE
02-16-2015, 10:25 AM
I just got a travel trailer a few weeks ago. The outside isn't in too bad of shape. I plan on using just the Megs Cleaner Wax on it. I asked my uncle what he uses and he uses Megs #6 which is basically same thing just a better version. He's always had campers as long as I can remember and is a car cleaning nut as well. I plan to use DG 501 from then on out though. I pretty much only use 105 on my cars so I'm pretty confident in the DG line.