PDA

View Full Version : PDR anyone

sayroger
10-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Has anyone ever had a PDR week course? It looks interesting but I wonder if someone could make a side job of it and get your return on class and tools. I found a one week course about a hour from where I live for around $2400 not including the tools.

VISITOR
10-18-2014, 09:40 PM
you can probably make more money doing PDR than detailing. you can charge $150+ just for just one dent and imagine if someone had multiple dents and hail damage, i'm guessing $700+. some would care more about a dent than a detail because it's more of any eyesore...

HD.Detailing
10-18-2014, 09:51 PM
pdr guy around here making close to 350-500k year.

I imagine the course would be helpful, but hands on and practice will be key. I have thought about it, but the classes cost way too much IMO.

VISITOR
10-18-2014, 09:54 PM
pdr guy around here making close to 350-500k year.

I imagine the course would be helpful, but hands on and practice will be key. I have thought about it, but the classes cost way too much IMO.

:iagree: like polishing/compounding on different cars, the more you do it the better you will get...

jarred767
10-18-2014, 11:53 PM
I've thought about it, but never jumped on board. I almost did one of those classes, but the combo of the upfront costs and doing a lot more dealership/insurance work just isn't appealing enough.

However, I just bought a new detailing vehicle that has a few dents and I wish I knew how to do it now. Lol if anyone knows any good guys in the Seattle area and especially anyone that might want to do any types of trades fur detailing, feel free to forward there info to me!

oldmodman
10-19-2014, 04:24 AM
If I was in my 20's again that would be a skill i would want to get trained into.

A good set of PDR tools and a nice sign on the side of your vehicle would be all you would need. After you become known as a good technician you would quickly have a schedule of car dealers that you would visit on a regular basis.

Plus lots of individual car owners would be looking to get work done. There is a really talented PDR guy about half a mile from me and he is only in his own shop one day a week. The rest of the time he is making a loop all through Southern California.

I watched him one afternoon and he was able to massage out some huge dents. Afterwards you couldn't even tell any work had been done.

It is a skill i wish I had.

Don M
10-19-2014, 08:44 AM
I agree that if you have the time and desire, a PDR class would be a good idea. I watched a guy take 30 hail dents out of a car and when he was done, like oldmodman said, you couldn't tell anything had ever been wrong.

This guy makes a killing with insurance work and going from body shop to detail shop etc as well as private work.