PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about going with NR.. Need advice.

Bamadetailing
10-17-2014, 10:49 PM
So I live in a small town.. I'm trying to setup up my side job as a detailing and I'm looking for advice on a few things.. I was thinking about going eco friendly so I could go to there house if needed and not make a mess. But I have did some research and I'm hope sure I can do as good of job as I could with good ole water. And what all would I need to start a NR and waterless detailing business?

DownSouthDetail
10-17-2014, 10:52 PM
What part of alabama?

Bamadetailing
10-17-2014, 10:58 PM
About 30 mins from auburn u?

DownSouthDetail
10-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Nice! I'm in Mobile

Bamadetailing
10-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Cool. What kind of detailing do you recommend for starting up here in Alabama?

Bamadetailing
10-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Is anyone willing to help?

Glen Romus
10-27-2014, 07:17 AM
Both No rinse and waterless processes have a serious place in detailing. Waterless washes offer a paint safe and effective solution to the concerns of water shortages, environmental issues, and car washing location restrictions. Simply spray, wipe, and walk away. This process not only cleans, it actually protects as it enhances paint clarity, slickness and gloss.

Bamadetailing
10-29-2014, 11:30 PM
Thank you Glen. But how do you know when the car is too dirty for waterless

af90
10-29-2014, 11:40 PM
Thank you Glen. But how do you know when the car is too dirty for waterless

I would start leaning away from a waterless when the dirt on a vehicle is more than just light surface dirt and is embedded. The time spent between a rinse less and a waterless wash is variable due to technique and comfort in doing it. There is a learning curve to doing waterless washes effectively.

Bamadetailing
10-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Are you able to use rinse less regardless of the dirt situation?

af90
10-29-2014, 11:54 PM
Are you able to use rinse less regardless of the dirt situation?

I wouldn't say you can use it for any situation but I've used it for most conditions. If you have access to a pressure washer and can knock off major pieces you can extend the effectiveness and usefulness of rinseless washes.

Here's a quick guide that gives a rough graphic of when each wash can be used.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/washsolution2.jpg

Bamadetailing
10-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Thank you very much

Bamadetailing
10-29-2014, 11:57 PM
You have been extremely helpful

jarred767
10-30-2014, 01:31 AM
That's a great graphic! Pretty much covers all the bases. Access to a pressure washer (even a small electric one) allows you to do way more with rinseless washes. Especially when it comes to dirty tires and wheels.

Another great technique is to make sure use still use two buckets with a Rinseless wash, it ensures that your wash water stays much cleaner.

af90
10-30-2014, 10:57 AM
You have been extremely helpful

No problem!

That's a great graphic! Pretty much covers all the bases. Access to a pressure washer (even a small electric one) allows you to do way more with rinseless washes. Especially when it comes to dirty tires and wheels.

Another great technique is to make sure use still use two buckets with a Rinseless wash, it ensures that your wash water stays much cleaner.

Definitely a valid technique, I prefer to use multiple towels as wash media but you could easily do this while using either less towels or reusing a single mitt.