PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Cayman R engine cleaning?

The Enforcer
10-16-2014, 07:16 PM
As some of you know, the Porsche Cayman is a rear/mid engine car. Once the lid is removed, the engine is basically in the interior. Whats the nest method for cleaning this? The engine is just dusty....I'm thinking ONR in a pump sprayer and then a wipedown. Also...what do I need to be careful with in this "engine bay" as far as electronics?

Audios S6
10-16-2014, 07:38 PM
If it was me (since both are at my disposal), steam or tornador. Either would excel at this task.

But if it's just dusty ONR would probably do the trick with a pump sprayer. Maybe even CG innerclean would be a good option

Sizzle Chest
10-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Nothing really different about that engine/engine bay than any other you would do. Just watch out for the alternator, any 'boxes' and wiring harness/connecters. Don't blast them with water/psi washer.

You will be fine with what you are planning on doing/using.

The Enforcer
10-16-2014, 10:45 PM
like I said...it's basically in the interior so there wont be any water spraying. I'll just stick to the ONR...I don't have a steamer or Tornador

allenk4
10-17-2014, 12:55 PM
If you have access to compressed air or a leaf blower...blow it out before you apply any liquid to it

Can be a big time saver, if it is just dusty