PDA

View Full Version : Tire cleaner recommendations

Pages : [1] 2

projectPONY
10-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Not quite sure if this is the appropriate location for this question so if it's not, mods please move.

I've gone thru several off the shelf products, and I'm sure there are many more still sitting there, and I haven't been able to find one that removes any and all tire dressing from tires. Also let me mention that the one or two that do seem to do the job require a lot of scrubbing with a stiff brush. Is there anything out there that can make this task a little easier?

TIA

HD.Detailing
10-15-2014, 06:26 PM
there are tons of threads on this subject...

LATA with a brush works great

davidc
10-15-2014, 06:31 PM
Mothers Back to Black, Duragloss White Wall Cleaner, Tuff Shine to name a few.

Dave

KillaCam
10-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Zep 505

jamesboyy
10-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Zep citrus or 505 apc or purple power are some good OTC as well while meguiars d101 is a great product from online along with thee top dollar optimum apc

FUNX650
10-15-2014, 06:45 PM
I haven't been able to find one that removes any and all tire dressing from tires.

Also let me mention that the one or two that do seem to do the job require a lot of scrubbing with a stiff brush.

Is there anything out there that can make this task a little easier?

•What products have you used so far?

•Sometimes it takes more than one time around the tires to get them clean...regardless the tire cleaner being used.

•Using products that can make tire cleaning "easier"...
may prove to be detrimental to some wheel finishes.

Bob

stemyx
10-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I like to use La's totally awesome diluted 1:1. Works great with a stiff brush. You can also use meguiars d101 or purple power.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

CDot
10-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Zep 505

Zep citrus or 505 apc or purple power are some good OTC as well while meguiars d101 is a great product from online along with thee top dollar optimum apc

LATA with a brush works great

:iagree: 1st: Try LATA neat (full strength) and if that doesn't work go pick up some Zep 505 and watch the magic happen

spiralout462
10-15-2014, 09:38 PM
It's not the most cost effective but Mothers Foaming Wheel and Tire Cleaner is fantastic!

lawrenceSA
10-16-2014, 01:13 AM
2 of my favorites happen to be OTC products - Meguiars All Wheel and Tire Cleaner and Mothers FX Wheel and Tire Cleaner.

Also as Bob mentioned, it may take more than 1 hit to properly clean the tires, depending on how bad they are.

MPBGT
10-16-2014, 06:11 AM
Zep 505 is awesome, it seems pretty aggressive so I only use it when needed. I've been wanting to try Duragloss White Wall cleaner after I talked to them about it at Detail Fest last year

conthedon
10-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Mothers foaming wheel and tire cleaner great otc product

Sherif
10-16-2014, 06:50 AM
I think any of the cleaners/APCs mentioned above will do the job.
And yes you need a stiff brush, scrub and reapply multiple times (I had to spray, scrub and rinse my tires with Optimum OPC in a foaming sprayer 5 times to get them clean prior to applying Tuff Shine Coating).
The Tuff Shine Kit is a great option, it has everything you need (effective tire cleaner, good brush and tire coating with applicator).
I coated my tires (on a daily driver) 6 months ago and since then I only use soap and water to clean them and had to use APC only once, it was CG All Clean+ 1:10

KMG
10-16-2014, 10:51 AM
I use APC on tires that are fairly clean. On dirtier tires I will use Tuf-shine or Omni-Clean. Both work very well, I however find the Omni-clean to cling to the tire better.

crrdvr6
10-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Zep 505 is awesome, it seems pretty aggressive so I only use it when needed. I've been wanting to try Duragloss White Wall cleaner after I talked to them about it at Detail Fest last year

I got Duragloss White Wall cleaner when it was BOGO. Works very well. I couldn't believe how brown the tire run off was without brushing.