PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Interior Windows....in the Rain

jarred767
10-15-2014, 04:01 PM
So, the rainy season has officially begun here in Seattle the last few days and it's reminded me of how I hate interior windows. They're my least favorite part to start with, but in the rain, they just suck. This time of year I start getting a lot more interior onlys or interior plus exterior wash :( so I have to forge ahead.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas, thoughts, tips... My biggest problem is getting them dry/streak free with so much moisture in the air and me being outside at a lot of jobs. I try running the car with the defrost on, and that helps the front window and the rest a little, but they're still a pain. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks guys!

Flex3k
10-15-2014, 05:17 PM
So, the rainy season has officially begun here in Seattle the last few days and it's reminded me of how I hate interior windows. They're my least favorite part to start with, but in the rain, they just suck. This time of year I start getting a lot more interior onlys or interior plus exterior wash :( so I have to forge ahead.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas, thoughts, tips... My biggest problem is getting them dry/streak free with so much moisture in the air and me being outside at a lot of jobs. I try running the car with the defrost on, and that helps the front window and the rest a little, but they're still a pain. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks guys!

Getting the glass dry in humid rainy conditions must really suck the only thing i can think of is to run the car on defrost like you have been doing and maybe try to use a blow dryer maybe the wife has one with the heat setting good luck

jarred767
10-15-2014, 11:53 PM
I actually had a little more success today (constant rain) as I turned the car on with defrost on full and let it run for a bit. I started with the front window, and worked my way back, but the key was I never opened a door to let new moisture in - I just crawled through the car in my socks haha. It might not work for everyone or every situation, but I'm just 5'9" and 160lbs and it was a full size SUV, so it was doable. I felt like it actually made quite a difference, I think I'll go this route whenever possible in the future.