PDA

View Full Version : CG EcoSmart Waterless wash for Rinseless?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
10-15-2014, 02:23 PM
I know I could get a rinseless specific product like ONR, but I have a gallon concentrate of EcoSmart coming and was wondering if anyone here has used it for rinseless. I know a lot of the waterless products have dilution instructions for using it for a rinseless. But CG doesn't mention anything here. I would email them, but I haven't had good luck when I contacted them in the past lol. I'll be using it as a waterless in most cases, but there will be times where rinseless would be better suited.

This is the new formula which is 16:1.

jamesboyy
10-15-2014, 03:51 PM
I don't think you can use EcoSmart as rinseless, while you can use it straight you can also dilute it to 1:1, and if you tried that dilution ratio in a 5 gallon bucket it would take a lot of product around 300 or so ounces of to make the dilution of 1:1 therefore, my suggestion would be to buy ONR or equivalent for rinseless

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
10-15-2014, 03:56 PM
I don't think you can use EcoSmart as rinseless, while you can use it straight you can also dilute it to 1:1, and if you tried that dilution ratio in a 5 gallon bucket it would take a lot of product around 300 or so ounces of to make the dilution of 1:1 therefore, my suggestion would be to buy ONR or equivalent for rinseless

1:1 would be the RU no? the concentrate should have a proper dilution for rinseness, at least I think it would lol. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle of ONR for the rare times rinseless would work better for me than waterless.

jamesboyy
10-15-2014, 04:14 PM
1:1 would be the RU no? the concentrate should have a proper dilution for rinseness, at least I think it would lol. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle of ONR for the rare times rinseless would work better for me than waterless.

I gotcha your talking about the other Ecosmart, and yeah very true they should have a dilution ration for rinseless it would save many headaches, while placing more money in there pockets but hey at least you have a great excuse to buy more products

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
10-15-2014, 04:41 PM
lol I love CG, the product page on their web site says 16:1 at the top and 16:1 in the middle, but at the bottom in the specs it says 8:1, it's like the cut and pasted from the old version which was 8:1. They also mention the 1 gallon makes 16, wouldn't that actually make it 15:1? 16:1 would be 17 gallons since the bottle already has a gallon, isn't that how dilutions ratios work? I know it's simple, but I went to So Cal public schools so my math abilities get me some times :D

And I don't NEED any more excuse to buy more products! My detailing collection is already out of control. I have 4 different glass cleaners, and I'm pondering over trying a few others lol.

Bates Detailing
10-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Been using EcoSmart for 4 years now religiously with my business...... a great waterless, but rinseless its not good IMO. Go with ONR if you need a dedicated rinseless wash.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
10-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Been using EcoSmart for 4 years now religiously with my business...... a great waterless, but rinseless its not good IMO. Go with ONR if you need a dedicated rinseless wash.

Good to know thanks, how would you say the new formula compares to the original? I have the original now. I know newer doesn't always = better.

Bates Detailing
10-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Good to know thanks, how would you say the new formula compares to the original? I have the original now. I know newer doesn't always = better.

I have 5 gallons of the new formula but haven't cracked them open yet...... finishing the last gallon of the old.