PDA

View Full Version : How do people let cars get like this :eek:

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jarred767
10-15-2014, 10:37 AM
I originally posted this in the ShowNShine, but screwed up on the pictures and realized it didn't really belong there with all the beautiful cars in there. Here's another attempt.

Spent a loooong time cleaning up this Audi today and wasn't planning on doing a write up, but just thought I'd quickly share a couple pictures of the interior as I just did a basic wash/clay/wax on the exterior. I only took a couple before pictures, so I just took the same afters. It still amazes me how some people can treat a vehicle, no matter what that vehicle is.

This was the "kids seat" the rest of the car was in a little better condition, but not by much.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=82986

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=82987

And the afters (sorry about the poor lighting, had to move in the garage cause it got too late and use my flashlight to help with the pics):

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=82984

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=82985

Thanks for looking!

conman1395
10-15-2014, 10:46 AM
The least a customer can do us spend 5 minutes vacuuming before giving it to a detailer if there is that much stuff

CarolinasFinestDetailing
10-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Dude....that's nothing. You should see some of the soccer mom cars I get. It amazes me how much time people spend in their cars yet don't care to keep it clean versus their house and how they keep it clean.

jarred767
10-15-2014, 10:57 AM
The least a customer can do us spend 5 minutes vacuuming before giving it to a detailer if there is that much stuff

Definitely the first thing I did; you can't even work in that mess. At least they did take the garbage out, as there wasn't any, and with that much food, I can only imagine the garbage that was there before it was dropped off.

Dude....that's nothing. You should see some of the soccer mom cars I get. It amazes me how much time people spend in their cars yet don't care to keep it clean versus their house and how they keep it clean.

Usually, the larger the vehicle, the more stuff, what amazed me on this one, is it seemed as if this was all caused by one kid!

PA DETAILER
10-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Wow.

SameGuy
10-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Nice turnaround! Hope you charged accordingly. :)

kevincwelch
10-15-2014, 11:13 AM

My wife is one of those soccer moms, and her Subaru is a complete mess after 1 week from when I vacuum and clean. We have two kids (7 and 2) and often there are other kids in the back. The car is basically a roaming house/cafeteria from one event to another. I can see how it gets messy with the younger kids and their smoothies, sippy cups and Cheerios. She gets disgusted with the mess, but has better and more important things to do. Hell, even after a day of the kids in the back seat of my car it's got finger print smudges on the windows, crumbs in the cracks and sticky sh*t on the seats! (Of course, I will clean that up ASAP when the kids go to bed.)

LRC3
10-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Ok that IT, no more eating in the car!!

Great job bro...

BobbyG
10-15-2014, 01:59 PM
You'd be surprised how many ordinary people out there are just SLOBS understanding that they can simply flash a few bills to make them appear normal again...!

Nice save!

runrun411
10-15-2014, 02:07 PM
That mess didn't happen in one day or even 1 week (okay maybe in a week or two). When the car is that messy it becomes unhealthy for the kid(s).

Desertnate
10-15-2014, 02:13 PM
It amazes me how much time people spend in their cars yet don't care to keep it clean versus their house and how they keep it clean.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

The majority of people today couldn't care less about their cars. It holds a lower status in their lives than the refrigerator or washing machine. It's just another appliance to serve a purpose.

I know many people who will not tolerate the slightest mess in their home and keep their yard immaculate. Their car however, will be a total mess inside and out.

jarred767
10-15-2014, 03:27 PM
That mess didn't happen in one day or even 1 week (okay maybe in a week or two). When the car is that messy it becomes unhealthy for the kid(s).

My guess it was months, if not years. There was a lot of caked on stuff in there.

You'd be surprised how many ordinary people out there are just SLOBS understanding that they can simply flash a few bills to make them appear normal again...!

Nice save!
Yup, so true, except it's even easier when all they have to do slide a little piece of plastic through my square reader!

Ok that IT, no more eating in the car!!

Great job bro...
They were putting it up for sale, so I would hope that there's no more eating in the car. Thanks!

jarred767
10-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Nice turnaround! Hope you charged accordingly. :)

It actually cleaned up a little easier than I exoected it to, so I didn't charge extra. I did steam clean the mats for free as they didn't want to pay the extra, but that was more for my benefit as it makes them so much easier to do.

I'm big on the while motto of under-promise and over-deliver. :xyxthumbs:

Kurtopia
10-15-2014, 04:11 PM
That's disgusting. I cleaned a female friends interior recently and it was the same. Some people just don't care!

Bates Detailing
10-15-2014, 04:52 PM

LOL - Ive had clients do that....... and I find it odd, thats what they are paying us for lol!

Nice save!

VERY accurate quote right there lol!