PDA

View Full Version : Torn MF Edge

conman1395
10-13-2014, 04:22 PM
I just bought a MF towel with a tag (sewn in silk edge) and when I removed tore it off it also tore the stitching. Can I fix this by sewing it? It's a drying towel so there will be little to no dragging with it.
I'm so mad with myself [emoji26]

jmsc
10-13-2014, 05:34 PM
I usually just cut the torn edge with scissors.

Next time buy yourself a sharp carpet knife at Lowes/HD and use that to gently cut the stitching off the tag before slowly ripping it off.

jamesboyy
10-13-2014, 05:42 PM
I had brought some defective towels once where the edging came loose all I did was sewn it back together, and it was like new, just remember cut the tags instead of pulling, and don't be so hard on yourself at least you didn't rip the towel until irreparable

af90
10-13-2014, 07:19 PM
I had brought some defective towels once where the edging came loose all I did was sewn it back together, and it was like new, just remember cut the tags instead of pulling, and don't be so hard on yourself at least you didn't rip the towel until irreparable

In my opinion no quality microfiber should ever come with a sewn in tag.

conman1395
10-13-2014, 07:32 PM
I agree and 90% of the towels I buy are tagless. In fact at home I usually use my Metro Sidekick, but thanks to college, I'm cutting costs when possible and where appropriate. I do know that this towel is safe from previous experience however.

jamesboyy
10-13-2014, 07:54 PM

I cant agree with you more, it will save us all the headache while time, money, and product on the manufacturers part

cardaddy
10-14-2014, 12:08 AM
The good towels never have sewn in tags.

But there are towels that have sewn in tags that are certainly worth your purchase (jist noot good for paint correction) and can be used again and again and again and save you an enormous amount of money. (Think Kirkland gold's.) ;)

What you do when you have a sewn in tag is WASH them first, at least once if not twice.

Then you can try when they come out of the washer and the tag is wet or you might wait until after they come out of the dryer you will need to test your method to see which one works best for you. First you put your finger inside the loop of the tag and you hold on to one side only you're not trying to remove the entire loop just the one half of it. You give it a brisk tug in one direction while you hold on to the edge.... not enough to remove the tag just a little tug in one direction and then a quick snap in the opposite direction and generally that will remove that half of the tag.

Now you will have half of the tag sticking up in the air and the other half still stitched in. Again you hold on to the edge of the towel right at the tag very firmly where it stitched in then you grab the time you give it a little one direction and then instantly back the other direction and it pops right out :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SameGuy
10-14-2014, 02:14 AM
LOL I just pulled another new batch of 36 Kirkland Golds out of the dryer last night. For the price they are truly hard to beat. No, I won't be using them for buffing any time soon, but they do a great job as cleaner-wax towels for door jambs, rockers, under-hood areas and the like. At 40 cents each they are almost disposable, but I've noticed the newest batch is even more plush than the last one so I will try to get some more use out of them (and find some more scrap schmattas for the really dirty jobs).

Moldavite
10-14-2014, 02:46 AM
Anything with sewn tag I leave it for interior/wheels/ household job
A better towel in my opinion should be tag less...
Meg ultimate wipe
Meg supreme shine
M Madness crazy pile

Setec Astronomy
10-14-2014, 07:01 AM
Can I fix this by sewing it?

all I did was sewn it back together

Wait a minnit--you guys sew?? Don't you know that's what wives/girlfriends are for?

Oh...what am I thinking...ladies don't sew anymore...good for you guys for learning.