PDA

View Full Version : California carving--or how to etch your clearcoat

sethr
10-13-2014, 09:58 AM
I saw a network story about tree huggers (or just idiots) in California that have taken an "oath" to not wash their car for 60 days. It's time they found rinseless.

The scary part is they are PROUD of people writing "wash me" and other graffiti in their paint!!

What?? I'd shoot the person I saw; but my car doesn't get that way.

Some of the cars they showed were flat polluted. Obvious that larger dirt stuck to the smaller initial breed. Can you imagine the loss in the car value when the car is washed but the graffiti is scratched in so deep it won't buff out?

And, WHY would you let your windows get just as dirty to where you cannot see out the back? What a bunch of morons!!

BrianMcLeod
10-24-2014, 12:20 AM
I agree my dad always says I don't know if I want to live with those morons. If there so worried about saving the earth why are they using cars? Pretty sure they have ac and light they us at there house etc.... I agree tho

cleanmycorolla
11-17-2014, 02:46 PM
I saw a network story about tree huggers (or just idiots) in California that have taken an "oath" to not wash their car for 60 days. It's time they found rinseless.

The scary part is they are PROUD of people writing "wash me" and other graffiti in their paint!!

What?? I'd shoot the person I saw; but my car doesn't get that way.

Some of the cars they showed were flat polluted. Obvious that larger dirt stuck to the smaller initial breed. Can you imagine the loss in the car value when the car is washed but the graffiti is scratched in so deep it won't buff out?

And, WHY would you let your windows get just as dirty to where you cannot see out the back? What a bunch of morons!!

lol, you do realize in california, where I live with my fellow "tree huggers" "idiots" and morons, you actually will be fined heavily if caught wahsing your car,vwatering your lawn, or any unneeded use of water and most if not all southern california is on extreme water restricitions, we barely have any in reserve for the fire season to fight the fires.

So perhaps read up some more, and learn, maybe you'll realize theyre not idiots, and actually people who are conserving water for everyone. Not everyone is a detailer, not everyone cares about maintaining car value or car care.

And no, a rinseless isn't an answer, only we know about that stuff, goog luck explaining the rineseless concept to the public.

And BTW, I am a car owner, a detailer, and hobbyist, I I haven't hosed washed my coated car in months, I'd rather save the water to detail myself in the shower, so I'm not dirty. Plus, I'm not risking paying $500 to wash my car if caught, they have water patrols everywhere.

Kamakaz1961
11-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Sorry, cleanmycorolla I live in So. Cal too. My father always taught me if I can't say anything "good" about someone or something just keep my mouth shut! So no comment on this one based on my experience with some of the aforementioned above.

I just had a run in this past weekend with the Gestapo Water Patrol. Even with no water and them seeing me cleaning my car with a spray wax was a "no no"! I explained to them if they saw any water they could fine me. After 5 minutes of snooping around (and I mean snooping) they just left. When the Gestapo Patrol left there was no goodbye, no sorry for your inconvenience. Just a look of we will be watching you. So again, I will not express my opinions but I am pretty sure you get the idea.

BTW, they had no clue what "VOC", or waterless, or rinseless wash was. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't using a hose.

I know this has nothing to do with the guys that will not wash there cars for the sake of saving the planet...but I am still waiting to see the Polar Ice Caps melt like Al Gore said it was. That was supposed to happen 2012.....

The biggest thing I forgot to mention is that it was one of my "tree hugger" neighbors (all of our neighbors know her real well) that called the Gestapo Water Patrol on me. The fact that I was cleaning my car was a "no no" to her. This will be the 3rd time with her.

Stephan@FamouslyHot
12-13-2014, 02:40 PM
so are you using a waterless wash, such as a spray and wipe, or a rinseless wash, like ONR?

ONR uses about 4 gallons of water for a rinse and wash bucket. Is that considered a no no?

Blade
12-13-2014, 04:08 PM
And then up here, they just used up 60 billion gallons of water to make fake snow. Wonder how many car washes that would make...

sethr
12-14-2014, 08:43 AM
The biggest thing I forgot to mention is that it was one of my "tree hugger" neighbors (all of our neighbors know her real well) that called the Gestapo Water Patrol on me. The fact that I was cleaning my car was a "no no" to her. This will be the 3rd time with her.

Jut tell her you forgo two trips to the bathroom a week to make up for the rinse water.
:laughing: