PDA

View Full Version : Nitrile Glove Smell

BlueBeast14GT
10-13-2014, 09:23 AM
The last couple times I detailed my hands got a really bad smell from wearing the nitrile gloves for a long time. It's like a mix of rubber, garlic, and ass.

It's pretty gross, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the brand; I use the gloves from Harbor Freight. But, I also sweat a lot, and usually my hands are pretty soaked by the time I take the gloves off. (Yes I'm sure it's not just water getting in the gloves, and no it does not take long for it to happen; I just started sweating a lot more in the last couple years.)

Has anyone else experienced this? The smell, not the sweating.
:applause: < just wafting it your way guys

Sicoupe
10-13-2014, 11:31 AM
I use the same ones from HF and haven't had that problem, about half way thru my detail I will trade them out with new ones, so I don't know if that helps or not:)

Tacket
10-13-2014, 12:12 PM
I use the thickest ones HF offers and do notice the smell you've mentioned.

cheapbutshiny
10-13-2014, 12:32 PM
I've used the 5 mil (I think) gloves from HF and though I do notice that they make you sweat a lot, I haven't noticed any smell...maybe only the thicker ones have that issue?

BlueBeast14GT
10-13-2014, 01:02 PM
I don't recall the actual measurement, but I was using the dark blue heavy duty gloves.

CDot
10-13-2014, 03:18 PM
I don't recall the actual measurement, but I was using the dark blue heavy duty gloves.

Those are the 7mil thick gloves--I've owned/own all the HF gloves except the thin 3 mil ones. Best advice is to wash your hands before you put them on--and switch out if you're working for a long time.

oldmodman
10-14-2014, 03:24 AM
I have some blue nitrile ones form HF and they don't have any odor. And neither do the three boxes of black ones I got from Autogeek.