PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Rocker Panel Grime

AustrianOak82
10-12-2014, 07:53 PM
What are you guys using to pre-soak the rocker panels and front bumper covers prior to washing? Looking for something to remove all of the stuck on crap that doesn't come off with a wash and scrub. I did some reading on all-purpose cleaners, degreasers, bug and tar removers, etc and couldn't come up with anything solid. Wax removal isn't an issue because I am wanting to pre-soak before I do a full detail anyway but I am also looking for something separate that won't remove wax for my personal cars. Any suggestions?

jamesboyy
10-12-2014, 09:28 PM
For areas with stuck on grime(like bugs, etc) I soak the area with something like chemical guys citrus wash in a foaming spray bottle though sometime Carpro Tar x is another alternative
But look into 1Z Einszett Anti-Insekt Bug + Tar Remover...
1Z Einszett Anti-Insekt Bug + Tar Remover (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-bug-remover.html)

Fcook14
10-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Spray bumpers/all lower panels,including back of mirrors with all purpose then scrub with bug scrubber.what doesn't come clean laquer for tar or other solvent cleaner..

lawrenceSA
10-13-2014, 03:47 AM
I use Valet Pro Citrus Pre-wash diluted at 1:6 an usually pre-soak the lower half of the car including the front and rear bumpers, then HP rinse it off and follow that with a snowfoam via a MTM hydro.

Then the usual 2BM wash

AustrianOak82
10-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Sweet, thanks guys. Anyone used a steamer to help loosen stubborn stuck on grime prior to soaking or washing?

Woob
10-13-2014, 10:39 AM
You would probably need a super strong steamer (big capacity) to remove the grime. Just foam it, add pre cleaner, and let dwell with a towel if needed.