PDA

View Full Version : Laundry (rinseless vs 2bwash)

Pages : [1] 2

frankprozzoly
10-12-2014, 07:52 AM
I mainly do rinseless because a 2bucket is a pain to dry.

But I've been wondering if I'm actually using more water doing laundry for the rinseless towels vs just doing a 2 bucket wash.

I'm probably using more water with rinseless washes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2014, 08:59 AM
PiPUK brought this up once, about how much water is used with the "single wipe" towel method, not during the wash of the car, but washing all those towels after.

frankprozzoly
10-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Yep. Again I think I'm gonna invest in the cr spotless next spring. That seems to be the best option

TurboToys
10-12-2014, 11:56 AM
why not just go with the rinseless but use a 2bm rinse less method instead and one good wash tool like a bone or a thick MF?

two buckets, both with rinseless solution in them and grit guard in the other. presoak the area, rinse off in one bucket, grab new rinseless solution in the other. you could get away with having a half a gallon of rinseless solution in the one bucket, and maybe a few gallons of water in the rinse bucket so dirt has the chance to fall below the grit guard.

its a little safer than single bucket rinseless, and you wont use multiple towels like the methods where you use 5-6 towels per wash.

Audios S6
10-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Do you not launder your wash mitt and drying towels?

I only have 2 wash mitts and maybe 10 drying towels. If I wash 2 cars I need to launder them.

I have way more rinseless and waterless towels. I could probably do 4 cars or more rinseless/waterless before doing any laundry. Still less water used.

frankprozzoly
10-12-2014, 12:11 PM
I have used one wash mitt for rinseless. It is easier. I have learned to use less towels for rinseless. I talked before about being too cautious. I used alot of towels. If the car isn't that dirty. I've been using as little as 3 to 4 towels. Maybe I will start going back to using my wash mitt for rinseless

frankprozzoly
10-12-2014, 12:15 PM
I used to use alot of towels because I would only wipe one swipe then flip to clean side. I would fold in 16 sides. Still you can imagine how many towels I was using

Zelfiris
10-12-2014, 12:17 PM
I have switched from using 8 to 10 towels that had soft fiber on one side only to using 3 to 4 towels that has soft fiber both sides (giving me more surface to work with). I would leave the 3 to 4 dirty towels in the ONR solution until I have enough towels for one load in the washing machine

swanicyouth
10-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Is there a water shortage or something? Why are we worried about this? I just do whatever way works best. Maybe I'm just an Ugly American...

frankprozzoly
10-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Is there a water shortage or something? Why are we worried about this? I just do whatever way works best. Maybe I'm just an Ugly American...

Lol... Because I'm not paying the water bill at the moment

jarred767
10-12-2014, 01:34 PM

I agree, I asses the car and decide which way to go depending on the level of dirt. A 2 bucket Rinseless method (as described earlier) is what I go with for most cars I work on, and it seems to do the trick just fine.

Everyone's got their own system though, so just figure out what works best for you. Good luck!

SYMAWD
10-12-2014, 01:50 PM
I do laundry after a rinseless or 2 bucket so it doesn't matter. Rinseless obviously leaves me with towels to be washed.

2 bucket leaves me with my wash mitt, drying towel, and door jamb towels to be washed.

KMdef9
10-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I do laundry after a rinseless or 2 bucket so it doesn't matter. Rinseless obviously leaves me with towels to be washed.

2 bucket leaves me with my wash mitt, drying towel, and door jamb towels to be washed.

Similar here.

Doing a rinsless wash vs. 2BM leaves me with 4-6 MF towels instead of 3 mitts (upper, lower and wheel/wheelwell). I still have use rim/wheelwell/door jam and a drying towel for both meathods.

So no difference in water used in washing the media.

Since my washer has an extra small setting, it uses half the amount of the average washers small setting. So a 2BM will always use more water, especially if you pre-rinse and sheet.

Even more so, my water bill has a minimal charge of 4 units, which I never go over.

conman1395
10-12-2014, 07:46 PM
2BM Rinseless with a grout sponge uses less water. I have 3 Acuras and black Porsche in my garage and have experienced no marring doing this. Even using one mitt requires a separate wash from drying towels.

expdetailing
10-12-2014, 07:55 PM
A rinseless wash only using enough water to saturate your towels seems logical to me if you're looking for a quick way out.
As far as total water usage, I don't see how using a hose could ever use less water than your washing machine will. If I could ever pull-off using only as much water as my washing machine does to wash towels, I would start a new thread to brag about it.