PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq G1 Updated Thoughts

SYMAWD
10-11-2014, 10:05 PM
You can read my initial thoughts here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/84666-gtechniq-g1-g2.html

It has been on for 2 months and 1 day now.

To be fair to this product, I have to share today's experience. At just over 35 MPH, the water was moving up the windshield, by 40 MPH I didn't need the wipers and by 50 MPH, it was crazy how fast the water was leaving the windshield.

Now, what made this product work all of the sudden: large rain drops. The issue is, a small rain drop=small water beads and G1 just can't get small beads or the water spray from cars in front of you to move up the glass. However, today's rain consisted mostly of large drops=large beads to effortlessly glide up and off the windshield.

tersplat
10-12-2014, 09:13 AM
What kind of washer fluid are you using? I had Rain-X fluid, and I noticed that it covered up my G1 immediately, and completely negated any rain resistance of the G1. Once I cleaned it with invisible glass, it was back to perfect.

SYMAWD
10-12-2014, 10:19 AM
What kind of washer fluid are you using? I had Rain-X fluid, and I noticed that it covered up my G1 immediately, and completely negated any rain resistance of the G1. Once I cleaned it with invisible glass, it was back to perfect.
I've yet to use washer fluid.

tersplat
10-12-2014, 11:33 AM
oh, ok