PDA

View Full Version : Warranty repair, free swirls!

LJR
10-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Had to get unanticipated warranty work done on my car. Forgot to tell them not to wash it (they have not in the past). This is a sample of the results from one dealer wash. I t was my fault for not reminding them, but really?
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/09/95b2b2b4d7ad9a405bd97845c22a5518.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurtopia
10-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Ouch.

cfiiman
10-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Damn, one wash, what do they use....sand?!

JVD
10-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Is that paint or a gloss plastic B-pillar cover?

Kurtopia
10-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Last time I had warranty work done the porter pulled my car up and stalled it, right in front of me..and just left it. Didn't try to restart it or put the key back to "home" position. The kid didnt say anything, just got out and walked inside.

SYMAWD
10-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Last time I had warranty work done the porter pulled my car up and stalled it, right in front of me..and just left it. Didn't try to restart it or put the key back to "home" position. The kid didnt say anything, just got out and walked inside.

It's amazing how often the interviewer forgets to ask "Can you drive stick?"

LJR
10-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Is that paint or a gloss plastic B-pillar cover?

it is the plastic on the b-pillar. the sun was hitting it just right when i got in it this afternoon and had to vent.

there were some stray marks on it before, but nothing like this. to be fair i know those mark up easy.
the paint was marked up pretty significantly too, got some real nice horizontal scrub marks on my front bumper, and some great accent marks running down my fenders along the hood. i've honestly been putting off a closer inspection because i will just get angry and will have no time to fix it until this weekend.

i was due for a polish and seal anyways, just debating on whether or not to wait till my next service due in a month. i will print up some "do not wash" signs and keep them in the glovebox for any more unexpected dealer visits, but kind of expecting them to give me a "courtesy" wash even if i do.

don't ever buy a black car

SYMAWD
10-09-2014, 10:41 PM
it is the plastic on the b-pillar. the sun was hitting it just right when i got in it this afternoon and had to vent.

there were some stray marks on it before, but nothing like this. to be fair i know those mark up easy.
the paint was marked up pretty significantly too, got some real nice horizontal scrub marks on my front bumper, and some great accent marks running down my fenders along the hood. i've honestly been putting off a closer inspection because i will just get angry and will have no time to fix it until this weekend.

i was due for a polish and seal anyways, just debating on whether or not to wait till my next service due in a month. i will print up some "do not wash" signs and keep them in the glovebox for any more unexpected dealer visits, but kind of expecting them to give me a "courtesy" wash even if i do.

don't ever buy a black car

I keep a

"PLEASE
DO NOT WASH
THIS CAR
UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE
THANK YOU"
sign in my car.

wdmaccord
10-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Fortunately, I have a great greeter that makes sure all of my cars never get washed. At my dealer, the car typically comes back in the service bay before they take it for a wash. So he keeps an eye for me when it gets back in there. I do also put a sign up for good measure and he writes it on the mirror tag as well. I do get a little nervous on the days he isn't there.

The other thing you have to worry about is the tech's wiping it down if they spill fluids on the paint. I almost want to do a sign for that too.

LJR
10-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Fortunately, I have a great greeter that makes sure all of my cars never get washed. At my dealer, the car typically comes back in the service bay before they take it for a wash. So he keeps an eye for me when it gets back in there. I do also put a sign up for good measure and he writes it on the mirror tag as well. I do get a little nervous on the days he isn't there.

The other thing you have to worry about is the tech's wiping it down if they spill fluids on the paint. I almost want to do a sign for that too.

All my other experiences with the dealer have been great, so i can't really get mad with them. They just don't know how to wash cars. Pretty standard as i have learned on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allenk4
10-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Make sure you print your sign in English and Spanish

Tato
10-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Yes, but unfortunately this (or even worse) is the result of a single wash at dealership.

In my area it's a hard to deal issue - my customers are educated to ask for dealers not to wash their cars when on service, they bring to me right after.

They are not washing, but they make sure to left 'misuse' signs all around the car, spread the dirt around the work area, no care about the just detailed finish, and at the end, say:

'We are delivering it dirty as YOU ASKED'.

The only benefit about this is that I only have to look for and fix a few spots, other than having to fix the whole car again if 'washed there'... negative, but the lesser.

This is not a dealership problem, it's called "Human Being".

I was educated to care about other's possessions as I care mine, seems like not everyone had the same 'lucky'.

Thanks for sharing, sorry about what happened.

Kind Regards.