PDA

View Full Version : Apartment and waterless

Pages : [1] 2

Deezul
10-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Moved to an apartment with no hose and no car washing allowed. I'm not going to accept a dirty car. What waterless wash would be best? I have a bottle of Ecotouch left.

07gtcs
10-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Go with a rinseless wash such as Blackfire, or ONR.

Moved to an apartment with no hose and no car washing allowed. I'm not going to accept a dirty car. What waterless wash would be best? I have a bottle of Ecotouch left.

DasBurninator
10-09-2014, 01:24 PM

I dealt with this for over a year, and even now with access to a hose I still use rinseless washes unless the car is really dirty.

If you have access to a DIY spray wash near you then I suggest blasting the car off with just rinse water, then bringing it home to perform the rinseless wash.

Also recently I bought a pressure sprayer (full function sprayer) that I load up with left over rinseless from previous washes. I use it to presoak dirtier panels to prevent any scratching.

KMdef9
10-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Save the waterless for minor dustings.

I like ONR, as it doubles as clay lube. Rinseless is also nice because on colder days you can mix in warm water, so it doesn't frezze your hands or on the car. Look up the Gary Dean meathod too.

tommygee
10-09-2014, 01:54 PM
I just moved to South Carolina from Cleveland. In a condo. I have used Pinnacle WW only and haven't had an issue. I'm using Optimum Instant Detailer between waterless washes and the car looks great! I've got Pinnacle rinseless as a back up but haven't used it yet. I'm not going to miss NE Ohio winters. Well it's 80 degrees right now...think I'll go hit some golf balls.

jmsc
10-09-2014, 02:00 PM
What state do you live in?

ONR or Ultima RW or Meg #114 are good in MHO.

Like Das says, best is a PW at your local car wash, then bring it home for the RW wash. Since you live in an apartment, winter washes could be a problem depending where you live. Adapt and you will be fine.

cfiiman
10-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Yep, rinseless is what I would do.

allenk4
10-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Power Rinse at the local coin-op and then rinseless

I used to actually wash my car at night at an apartment

Most of the buildings have a spigot somewhere. Find one in the back of the complex. I used a garden hose that I kept in a large plastic bin, but a couple of those expandable "As Seen on TV" hoses might be better

conman1395
10-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Power Rinse at the local coin-op and then rinseless

I used to actually wash my car at night at an apartment

Most of the buildings have a spigot somewhere. Find one in the back of the complex. I used a garden hose that I kept in a large plastic bin, but a couple of those expandable "As Seen on TV" hoses might be better
No those TV expandable ones suck. They're absolutely horrible. But if you can find the better expandable hoses which I knew are mote expensive then those would be perfect.

Hazcat
10-09-2014, 04:14 PM
No those TV expandable ones suck. They're absolutely horrible. But if you can find the better expandable hoses which I knew are mote expensive then those would be perfect.

I've been using one for 2 years with good results. It was a gift so I thought I'd wear it out. So far it's held up great and so easy to use. I keep waiting for something to complain about. It doesn't leak a drop. I can't figure out why people don't like them.

MattPersman
10-09-2014, 07:51 PM
I think it depends on your LSP, if you don't care about effecting the beading and whatnot, I really like UWW+ for waterless, D114 is also super but doesn't add the polymer shine and beading. No issues with waterless washing, just use as many decent towels as you feel comfortable using, maybe buy a dozen or two so you don't have to wash all the time. And some inexpensive ones for wheels and wells, tires, etc. there is also waterless tire cleaner too. Mothers makes it.

toycar18
10-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Depending on how close the parking lot to your sink is.... you could get an adapter to use a hose off your sink.

In the carpet cleaning business we hook up to sinks all the time.

Deezul
10-09-2014, 08:51 PM
It's in a garage underground so no hose. I'll look at the rinse-less options. Would prefer not to carry a bucket. Not sure how strict they are yet. I have some ONR and Eco.

LRC3
10-09-2014, 09:06 PM
It's in a garage underground so no hose. I'll look at the rinse-less options. Would prefer not to carry a bucket. Not sure how strict they are yet. I have some ONR and Eco.

Find out HOW strict they are!!!!!

I bought a condo 12 yrs ago, before the house and MAN, the BS. Funny thing, car washes wasn't one of them GO FIGURE. Now that it's a rental property, I make sure tenets KNOW the rules.

UWW+ is my goto, it's hard to beat:props: spray bottle and about 6 rags.I also agree with the local PW. Hell you can do it all there, best time is at night.

allenk4
10-09-2014, 09:13 PM
You can to a 2BM at the coin-op if you go at night

Just buy Gamma Lids for your buckets