PDA

View Full Version : locked up pressure washer

Masters Touch
08-12-2007, 07:23 PM
A friend let me have a pressure washer because the motor locked up from running it with no oil. I didn't want to just throw it away because it's in new condition and it didn't know if I could get it fixed or what. Buying a motor is just like buying the whole thing, but even with that I haven't been sucessful at finding a motor to replace it. What do you guys think? Should i just trash it?

bill walsh
08-12-2007, 07:56 PM
what kind is it ? also try northern tool may be

ehuth1
08-12-2007, 08:23 PM
A friend let me have a pressure washer because the motor locked up from running it with no oil. I didn't want to just throw it away because it's in new condition and it didn't know if I could get it fixed or what. Buying a motor is just like buying the whole thing, but even with that I haven't been sucessful at finding a motor to replace it. What do you guys think? Should i just trash it?

Master's Touch give me a call or PM me. I got 4 pressure washers from electric to gas. Your local too. Repairing a locked up pressure washer will probably run you $150-200 considering the brand parts availibility + labor to repair. My pumps I run on my pressure washer just the rebuild kits run $125 dollars not including labor, but the pumps are also built to last 1500-2000 hours.

To answer your questions give the specs on what you have and I'll let ya know what to do with it.