View Full Version : Wolfgang DGPS

Rsurfer
08-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about WGDGPS, but my problem is that my car sits outside and is subject to rain or a slight mist. Will the sealant not cure if wet? Let's say that it is dry for 4 hours and then a light shower. Will this affect the performance of the sealant?Feed back please

Gary Sword
08-12-2007, 07:10 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about WGDGPS, but my problem is that my car sits outside and is subject to rain or a slight mist. Will the sealant not cure if wet? Let's say that it is dry for 4 hours and then a light shower. Will this affect the performance of the sealant?Feed back please

I think it needs to cure at least 12 hours. I love Wolfgang DGPS but that is one drawback about it.

Z06-Goose
08-12-2007, 07:16 PM
One thing that has blown me away about the WGDGS is its durability. I tried on a Pontiac Vibe that sits outside 7/24 and it's still performing real well. I think you'll be happy with it, and especially if you're looking for something that protects against the elements on cars that sit outside
As it was mentioned, I think the most important thing is allowing it to fully cure to rip all the benefits it offers. Even 12 hours will be good. As a good measure, you can try a second coat later within a week for even better performance

Rsurfer
08-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I think it needs to cure at least 12 hours. I love Wolfgang DGPS but that is one drawback about it.
Thxs. Thought so.

RTexasF
08-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I have found that the look is so close to a top grade carnauba it is very difficult to tell them apart. Yes, it must remain dry for at least 12 hours and, sorry to say, the longevity is lacking in my opinion. I still continue to use it though.

In my usage:
Fabulous look
Medium Durability

Jimmie
08-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Here's what AG said about DP Sealant. I'm posting this explaination since it discribes it so well. Both DP and WGDGPS are water sensitive.

DP Premium Surface Shield Paint Sealant does have some special application requirements to enjoy its full benefits. Once applied to the entire vehicle and buffed, the sealant needs to cure for approximately 12 hours before being exposed to water. This unique formula is oxygen-activated: any exposure to water after the sealant is applied will cause the polymers to “drown”. For maximum bonding and longevity, park the vehicle in a garage or away from sprinklers for a period of 12 hours.