PDA

View Full Version : New to detailing and AutoGeekOnline

Jim-ski
10-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Happy Wednesday,

I need to do some work to preserve my paint job and prepare my Mazda5 for winter, things I never done before, so I decided to tap into the wealth of info here on AutoGeekOnline. A member of the Mazda Community Blog recommended this site.

I am truly amazed at the vast amount of information and resources here.

Jim

Mike Phillips
10-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Happy Wednesday,

Hi Jim and welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

I need to do some work to preserve my paint job and prepare my Mazda5 for winter, things I never done before, so I decided to tap into the wealth of info here on AutogeekOnline.

I think you'll find all the info you need to do the job right the first time and that's the way you want to do it. One time. (except for maintenance etc.)

A member of the Mazda Community Blog recommended this site.

Tell them we say thank you for the recommendation, we won't let them down either.

I am truly amazed at the vast amount of information and resources here.

Jim

This is a very good forum with really nice and helpful people...

:xyxthumbs:

jamesboyy
10-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Welcome to autogeek

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-09-2014, 01:16 AM
Hi Jim, welcome to AGO!

BobbyG
10-09-2014, 05:37 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Jim! :props:

Preparing a car for a long hard winter is paramount to maintaining it's appearance and value.

Our daily drivers are subjected to a very harsh environment. Each day the paint on our cars must endure wind, rain, sand, road grime, salt, water, sun, and much more. Although today's finishes are pretty durable they also begin to break down and do so over time.

Maintaining a finish not only keeps our cars looking their finest, it also slows down its natural degradation due to the environment.

Basic steps in order are:

Wash
Clay
Paint Correction & Polish
Seal
Wax

Mike Phillips is the director of education at Autogeek. Mike has written some of the finest articles on detailing and their free for all of us to educate ourselves and enjoy..

Car detailing articles by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/23722-car-detailing-articles-mike-phillips.html)

af90
10-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Welcome!

Don M
10-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Welcome

mrckeys
10-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline. I'm new to the Forum as well. Love the knowledge that you can gain from this site. :welcome: