PDA

View Full Version : removing morning dew

Pages : [1] 2

godfearingman
10-08-2014, 06:05 AM
Hi hop I'm not double posting but I was wondering the best way to remove the early morning dew safely. Should I dry it off with my microfiber towel or just let it try on it's on or what? Thanks in advance.

PA DETAILER
10-08-2014, 06:07 AM
I would leave it. By the time it warms up, its gone.

godfearingman
10-08-2014, 06:22 AM
I'm just worried about water spots it's a black corolla.

PA DETAILER
10-08-2014, 06:40 AM
If you have a good LSP on it, it should not water spot.

godfearingman
10-08-2014, 07:02 AM
I just waxed it yesterday morning and haven't driven it yet.

phens82
10-08-2014, 07:09 AM
I try to go about 70 on my way to work ;-) Pretty fun to watch the water collect then stream right off - I just applied Klasse AIO on Sat morning.

Desertnate
10-08-2014, 07:49 AM

I've never seen dew water spot my black car when it's clean. The only issue you might see is the dew laying on layer of dust or pollen and it will show. If the car is clean, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

TurboToys
10-08-2014, 08:06 AM

you won't get the same type of water spots that you would if you had sprayed it with a hose from the ground. there isn't enough minerals in the dew collected and the dust in the air to cause those kinds of spots. at most you'll get dirt spots from collected flying dust, but it should be minimal.

it just gives you a chance to wash it up again later that day!!

CDot
10-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Hi hop I'm not double posting but I was wondering the best way to remove the early morning dew safely. Should I dry it off with my microfiber towel or just let it try on it's on or what? Thanks in advance.

Water-spotting comes from mineral deposits in water when it either runs through mineral-infused rock (source for faucets/wells) or pollutants in the atmosphere (rain). Dew is condensed moisture (water) from the ambient air at ground level--think of it as natural distillation, without the boiling. It's cleaner and less contaminated than water from a faucet, well, or rain, and less likely to cause any spotting on your car.

silverfox
10-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Don't touch it...ignore it, especially if you just waxed it.

godfearingman
10-08-2014, 10:16 AM
I like keeping my car as clean and looking as good as possible. Especially paying so much for them these day's.

Paul A.
10-08-2014, 10:22 AM
I also leave it alone on my black, clean car. Like others have said, i have never seen dew "spot". I also like to avoid any friction passes on my black paint

allenk4
10-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Dew is condensed moisture (water) from the ambient air at ground level--think of it as natural distillation, without the boiling. It's cleaner and less contaminated than water from a faucet, well, or rain, and less likely to cause any spotting on your car.

Great point...I never thought of that

GettingStarted
10-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Water-spotting comes from mineral deposits in water when it either runs through mineral-infused rock (source for faucets/wells) or pollutants in the atmosphere (rain). Dew is condensed moisture (water) from the ambient air at ground level--think of it as natural distillation, without the boiling. It's cleaner and less contaminated than water from a faucet, well, or rain, and less likely to cause any spotting on your car.

I remember reading that pollutants as well as acid can and do collect inside the drops of rain while traveling through the air. Although I'm not quite sure if I read the article correctly. Would love to have somebody correct me on this though.

Kamakaz1961
10-08-2014, 12:51 PM
I would just leave it alone. It will dew again the next day...as everyone here states, if you waxed and prepped the car there should be no issues.